Just looking in my profile, there is 1 current negative post showing, but when I try to view it, I get a 'Sorry, no matches' message.
Can anyone else bring it up?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

It's a deleted thread in the C++ forum. You posted:

Crap. It's spam.

Reported.

Apparently someone disagreed with you and voted you down.
I can still see the post (because I mod the soft-dev section), but when I try to upvote the post, I get a :

Oops! Your vote didn't count ...
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

So too bad, it'll stay on your profile for all eternity :)

It's in a deleted thread called 'Why iPod Is So Popular?' and your post says:

"Crap. It's spam.
Reported."

The reason you cannot see it, and it cannot be upvoted, is the first message in the thread was spam so when it was deleted the whole thread was deleted as well.

update: I've deleted your post from the deleted thread, but even now the neg-vote is still on your profile.
The only way to get rid of it (as far as I can see) is to move your post out of the thread to a new thread, open the new thread, upvote you and delete the thread. But to be honest, I'm not sure if that'll work. If it doesn't then I'm screwed, so sorry I won't do that :)

So, there is positively more than one negative to being negatively voted :(.
Fancy getting down voted for telling the truth. Can someone run around and up-vote my crap posts :)?

So, there is positively more than one negative to being negatively voted :(.

No? I just can't upvote the post, because it's "deleted". 1 vote was all it took.

Fancy getting down voted for telling the truth.

If people don't like hearing the truth, they downvote you. It's a matter of personal opinion. All my (4) current negative posts are downvoted because someone thought I was being a prick, not because the advice in the post offered was wrong/bad.

Can someone run around and up-vote my crap posts :)?

As I mentioned, I tried. But I can't upvote a deleted post. Little design flaw, but perhaps it'll get fixed someday?

Posting an up vote is not going to erase that down vote. You will still have the down vote.

Posting an up vote is not going to erase that down vote. You will still have the down vote.

Agreed. But the post would no longer could on the "posts currently negative" in your profile though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.