Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection Hi,

I've a form and the form is working fine also. But my problem is
Whenever I closed the form. I'm getting two errors.

1.Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

2.Arithmetic overflow error converting varchar to data type numeric.
The statement has been terminated.

Events are :
Private Sub btnFilClose_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnFilClose.Click, btnBrowClose.Click

'This event is used to close the form

Try
Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor
Me.Close() ' I'm getting the error on this line
Me.Cursor = Cursors.Default
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
Finally
Me.Close()
End Try
End Sub

Private Sub forms_FormClosing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosing
'This event will be fired automatically whenever form will be closing

Try
Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor
If MessageBox.Show("Do you want to close this form", Me.Text, MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Question) = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.Yes Then

'If user press Yes then Form will be closed
e.Cancel = False
Else

'If User press No the Form will be not closed
e.Cancel = True
End If
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
End Try
End Sub

Please help me

Thanx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What is index? Where are you using it? Where are you using varchar to data type numeric? There is something wrong here not in your closing, it looks fine to me.

when header is clicked of data-grid it has -1 value in it. so make a check on it that if(i!=-1) then perform the operation else do nothing. Thnx

Have you tried re-programming the check so it will take a value other than zero?

If blah <> 0 then
' do something
else
' do something
end if
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.