Over the past day and a half or so, I've had multiple occasions in which the page "stalls" before loading all the way. The text is all there, but the "bullseye"/solid purple icons next to the posts, and all of the FB/Twitter regalia take a few seconds to come up.

It seems like it's stalling on either platform.twitter.com or www.google-analytics.com. I imagine you don't have much control over ad servers, etc., but I'll mention it just in case there's another problem.

I'm on Chrome 13.0.782.112, and all other sites are loading as expected.

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

I've been seeing the same thing for quite a few days. Certain pages do not completely load and the cursor hourglass keeps spinning.

I've been seeing the same thing for quite a few days. Certain pages do not completely load and the cursor hourglass keeps spinning.

Phew, that's better than the raised eyebrows I usually get :)

It may have been longer than that for me too, but it's become more noticeable in the last day and a half.

I have the same problem 2 days ago. In a thread the avatars won't even load, you will just see a blank box. Same problem also occured in other browsers.

I'm experiencing the same problem right now. Some of the avatars in this thread are broken. Reaching out to blud ...

I haven't experienced the problem tonight but maybe I'm just lucky tonight :)

Some screenshots of what i am facing. It only happens when i am using a laptop to browse daniweb, when using a phone, it seems to load faster and everything is normal. Anyone test that out yet?

I'm having the same problem with ads turned off. Looks like an apache problem?

I believe the problem is related to one of our static file servers that serves images and JavaScript. The hanging can be a result of JS not loading.

Is the problem with certain browsers? I use Chrome and Windows 7 now and I have no problems like that at all.

Is the problem with certain browsers? I use Chrome and Windows 7 now and I have no problems like that at all.

I'm on Chrome and Windows 7, too. It's intermittent for me, which is why I was initially assuming it was content delivery or ads that were holding it up.

Try different browsers and all have the same problem. Beside javascript, can spam cause the website to load smaller?

Beside javascript, can spam cause the website to load smaller?

Spam from what?

The static server issue was fixed yesterday (if not the day before yesterday).

Try different browsers and all have the same problem. Beside javascript, can spam cause the website to load smaller?

Not sure what you mean? Try Ctrl+0.

Had same issues yesterday and the day before. Am not sure its peculiar to browsers though i use firefox and also on windows 7

The static server issue was fixed yesterday (if not the day before yesterday).

Does seem to be much better. I haven't used the site enough today to tell for sure. I'll mark this as solved for now, but feel free to contribute any woes.

Using Opera I am still having pages not completely load. Posting this now, my browser is still waiting for one more element to load and the hourglass continues to spin.
Appears to only happen within a thread.

Seems to work fine today but occassionally it can take a long time just to reply to a thread, i have to refresh the page to work. Previously, i was referring to whether could spam links slow down daniweb server?

No, they can't.

Blocked ssl.gstatic.com and now all pages load as per normal.

I'm rather surprised that Google's servers were causing the load issues.

I'm not :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.