http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/cpp/threads/421755/simple-2d-rotation-problem

Scroll down to any of my posts with code. They don't have that nice numbering and highling everyone else's has. I wrote my code in a text editor, copied it to the post, highlighted it, then clicked "Code". I feel pretty confident I didn't click "Inline Code". Anyway, it shows up without the numbers and formatting. I didn't bother with the Markdown because I thought that was what the GUI was for. Am I doing something wrong?

[EDIT]
Just looked at my posts. Now they have the formatting! Unless I'm going crazy, they did not have that when I first posted. Is there a time lag? If so, is there a way to preview how the post will look before posting?
[/EDIT]

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

That part of the post doesn't refresh through AJAX, so you'll need to refresh the whole page to see the code highlighting after submitting.

The Javascript-based code formatter that we use doesn't work on-the-fly (i.e. before a page refresh). Since our reply box and live edit are both on-the-fly, they don't work.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.