Has anyone ever put together a map or table that shows the distribution of DaniWeb members across the globe? I don't know if such an analysis is possible but it might be interesting to see, roughly, where everyone is.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Well, the recently active members page does show the geographical locations, but I think it not being updated properly, I still show up as being in Finland, which is where I lived when I first registered a couple of years back. I've been in Montreal ever since.

I guess it would be nice to compile such a picture, such as a world map with color-coded "members per country". Since the locations are stored in Daniweb's data-base it shouldn't be too hard to pull all that info and generate the map (or at least a table of country versus member count).

We geolocate based on the IP addressed used when you registered, mostly for the purpose of spam-protection.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.