Me and some other people have mentioned this on various threads in the past. The email notifications seem to be intermittantly broken. Sometimes notifciations dont send at all and sometimes they take days

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The problem, unfortunately, is I have no idea why this is, and don't even know where to start looking to debug. The email settings for my server are correct, emails seem to be getting through everyday ... perhaps you have visited the forum since the thread was replied to, and so a notification isn't necessary?

its just sometimes i will get no email, a slow email or even an email detailing the second post since i posted (if you know what i mean) instead of the first. its really wierd

If it's an email detailing the second post, then that is with vBulletin. If the email just comes late, that could be my server. How do the sent and received timestamps compare?

the email was sent to me and was in my inbox within a few minutes (my ispmail is a bit slow)

the thing is that theese mails are actually sent out from daniweb to me up to an hour after the post was made

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.