:)I have the problem that i cannot send emails from my pop3 addresses on my website to any Hotmail accounts,they keep being thrown back. Here is an example of the returned email.>>>>>>

barbarajleat@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<info@spainisyummy.com> SIZE=3266:
host mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.245.104]: 550 Command rejected for policy reasons. For troubleshooting information, go to http://postmaster.msn.com

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <info@spainisyummy.com>
Received: from 89.red-88-23-92.staticip.rima-tde.net ([88.23.92.89] helo=DAVESMACHINE)
by secure.company-hosting.net with esmtpa (Exim 4.63)
(envelope-from <info@spainisyummy.com>)
id 1H6wQZ-0004ep-Cr
for barbarajleat@hotmail.com; Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:05:11 -0500
From: "www.spainisyummy.com for holidays" <info@spainisyummy.com>
To: "barb" <barbarajleat@hotmail.com>
Subject:
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 23:05:23 +0100
Message-ID: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAN+AEVFmWdROoHgcJUh+lTfCgAAAEAAAADQAvrphEIVOpLm1dsmUoKYBAAAAAA==@spainisyummy.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0084_01C739C2.CF9AB610"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 11
Thread-Index: Acc5umr8xBwkmgitS5+IHd/FPCefcw==
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft
Disposition-Notification-To: "www.spainisyummy.com for holidays" <info@spainisyummy.com>
X-cPanel-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
X-cPanel-MailScanner: Not scanned: please contact your Internet E-Mail Service Provider for details
X-cPanel-MailScanner-SpamCheck:
X-cPanel-MailScanner-From: info@spainisyummy.com
X-Spam-Status: No

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0084_01C739C2.CF9AB610 MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3028

NOW THE PROB is that i am not to good at understanding the jargon therefore the MSN postmaster site did not have a solution that i could easily understand so any help in lay terms would be great thanks !!!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

From going to that trouble shooting link and what i read you got black listed.

From going to that trouble shooting link and what i read you got black listed.

Sorry don't understand ......by whom? so i can question it .......thanks for your input but i dont think you are correct ..please any other suggestions would be good

Hotmail's probably got you blacklisted because of the massive amount of spam they recieve everyday from random IP addresses. I don't blame them; they need some way of controlling it.

Probably the best thing to do is to find a reliable SMTP server or use your own, which you can relay your messages through. If the message comes from a email service like Gmail (which happens to provide a SMTP server), they won't block it.

Or you could just contact Hotmail and ask why your email is getting rejected.

Hotmail's probably got you blacklisted because of the massive amount of spam they recieve everyday from random IP addresses. I don't blame them; they need some way of controlling it.

Probably the best thing to do is to find a reliable SMTP server or use your own, which you can relay your messages through. If the message comes from a email service like Gmail (which happens to provide a SMTP server), they won't block it.

Or you could just contact Hotmail and ask why your email is getting rejected.

NO NO NO .I think youve got it wrong ...let me explain.......i can receive emails on my 3 pop addresses on my own website www.spainisyummy.com AND receive emails to any of my 3 hotmail address's ......
The problem I have is sending a e-mail from my POP addresses to ANY Hotmail address...Hope this clarifies things abit.....HELP

NO NO NO .I think youve got it wrong ...let me explain.......i can receive emails on my 3 pop addresses on my own website www.spainisyummy.com AND receive emails to any of my 3 hotmail address's ......
The problem I have is sending a e-mail from my POP addresses to ANY Hotmail address...Hope this clarifies things abit.....HELP

That's what I mean. Your hotmail addresses aren't blacklisted, your server most likely is. So although your server can recieve emails and serve them through POP, it can't send them to any Hotmail addresses because the Hotmail's server has most likely got you blacklisted.

OK JP many thanks ,but your chatting to a muppet who is a bit short of PC lingo.....please explain ,if you have time,as to the way I get out of this mess.......I thought my "server" was the people i get my adsl account from ,or am i wrong again ....thanks for your incredible patience .....Regards in anticipation

What I mean by "server" is the computer that hosts your website. I don't know how your site is hosted, but I'm assuming it's something like a home-hosted website.

Your email addresses are sent and stored on your server, correct?

So then you want your server to send these messages to your hotmail accounts. Well, due to the massive amounts of spam that hotmail recieves, probably random IP addresses are blocked by default. You haven't done anything wrong, but if they didn't do anything about the spam, everyone would quit hotmail because of the huge amounts of spam.

I hope this makes sense

many thanks JP ,i have contacted the web host and am attempting to get them to flush my blocked list !!! Regards Twoyorkie

are you sure the computer/server/system, in short the IP address is blacklisted ?

AFAIK no public e-mail service relays messages not sent by one of it's own accounts. The standard error message should be "relay not permitted"

Conclusion: the FROM: in the header must state a hotmail account if you use the hotmail SMTP server

or

the FROM: in the header must state a gmail account if you use gmail (like I do)

Just give it a try, if you are still bounced, then you most probably are blacklisted

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.