I use these sometimes...
^.^ | >.< | ^.~

yes that too it is a multitasker like lots of emotes..or maybe not so many emotes...:P....i use :/..alot too...which..actually i ahve no diea how to really explain ":/" and hey would you look at that no typos and i havnt spelled check..:O...
its a holiday miracle..except the hoilday part.......

-edit-
yeah i use ^-^ ^.^...>.<....and more recently..e.o.(on eye is half shut..)

edit edt..gaa....2 typos..:/...

yeah I seem to use '=/' a lot too.

yeah ...lol....i say lol alot too thou....waaaaay to much....i dont laugh that often...o.0....
but then again lol seems to be a common internet net plague...whcih occassionlly makes it into the real world of speech.o.0..

:) I agree... I use 'lol' alllll the time.

...*checks the title of the thread and wonder what these people are talking about...*

Yeah, it's totally off topic.. sorry.

it seems it mite b my doing for typing badly?......o.0...whod of that it would bud such a discussion?..lol...<-- again

it seems it mite b my doing for typing badly?......o.0...whod of that it would bud such a discussion?..lol...<-- again

:?:

o.0...whod of that it would bud such a discussion?..

Translation:

Who'd have thought it would create such a discussion ?

> Who'd have thought it would create such a discussion ?

WOW...I thought what he posted was not meant to be read. Whod of that it would bud such a pst. ;)

>If you could change one thing, what would it be?
The time it takes for every page to load is painfully slow. Unless I disable advertisements, we're talking on the order of ten seconds from the time the page starts loading to the time I can scoll and click and type without the entire browser application being non-responsive.

The slowness seems to come from the Flash plugin intializing the ads. If I could change one thing, it would be the responsiveness of the site on page loads. That slowness has completely turned me off to Daniweb.

Encrypted!

commented: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL but he sounds cute lool!! +3

oops..:(...**thought..sorry my brain crosswired...(then again that might be perpetual)

ps my use of bud is perfectly legittamite..:P.....or hwo ever you spell legit.....etc...o.0..

*ignoring the encrypted posts and getting back on the topic*

Here's one thing I would change around here:

In the control panel/subscriptions page, a sort by subscription type would be nice.
Those
Click here to unsubscribe from this thread
Click here to unsubscribe from ALL threads
links are conveniently placed just under a thread/post link.
And same color too.

A miss-click waiting to happen.
Some sort of un-unsubscribe function would be nice, but I think that it would be too much of a hustle.

perhaps a simplier solution would be to add in a
"are you sure you wish to unsuscribe from this/all threads"..
or maybe just move them a little bit down

oops..:(...**thought..sorry my brain crosswired...(then again that might be perpetual)

ps my use of bud is perfectly legittamite..:P.....or hwo ever you spell legit.....etc...o.0..

Lemeur,

Please use correct correct capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. No one can understand what you are saying.

Thanks.

At least with this particular forum (DaniWeb Home > Coffee House > DaniWeb Community Feedback), hasn't it gotten disgustingly AOL-chatty since the march towards "professional"ism?

AOL Chatty? Beg your pardon? Elaborate.. (<--See Grammer...sort of..o.0..)

AOL Chatty? Beg your pardon? Elaborate.. (<--See Grammer...sort of..o.0..)

AOL chatty being a term to describe the overwhelming use of Internet slang, butchered spelling (e.g. some1 = someone, r = are, u = you, or homophone substitution), and horrible grammatical structures. Dave's point was likely that, in striving to build a professional atmosphere at Daniweb, such [mis-]use of language detracts from the quality of the remaining material, and many people looking for a professional forum find the net-speak to be a huge distraction or impairment.

At least with this particular forum (DaniWeb Home > Coffee House > DaniWeb Community Feedback), hasn't it gotten disgustingly AOL-chatty since the march towards "professional"ism?

I've been noticing it especially in this thread.

I've just read trough this thread. From page one to here. One question comes to my mind:

Does anyone here know the title of this thread? Or the forum?

14 pages., 200 replies (this would make 201) and all we came up with is 14 suggestions. I think that ratio is devastating. Most of the posts here are WAY OFF topic:angry:, so, people, please stick to the topic.

P.S. I'm not a mod-wannabe.

14 pages., 200 replies (this would make 201) and all we came up with is 14 suggestions. I think that ratio is devastating. Most of the posts here are WAY OFF topic:angry:, so, people, please stick to the topic.

Completely agree. Actually, I've been wondering if it would be possible for mods to split off-topic parts out of threads? They'd have to use some discretion about when it's appropriate and when it's not, but it would help to keep threads a lot more on-topic. Especially in the Geek's Lounge, where we've had a few good threads lately, but one thread will spawn a child topic and people are replying twice on two completely different subjects.

Also, would it be possible to allow nested quotes? I know it's a bit ugly and makes pages really long, but occasionally the extra context is nice (maybe cap it at one nested level?). It also helps when you quote a post that had quoted someone else, since the current format will remove the separation.

>Does anyone here know the title of this thread?
I didn't read it very carefully when I made my first post in this thread. I thought it was "if you could change some things about DaniWeb", not "one thing about DaniWeb". Heh. I guess I've been grabbing the spotlight.

Ah well, it's pretty normal for threads to go off-topic and launch sub-debates, I've never found a forum that doesn't do that.

Ah well, it's pretty normal for threads to go off-topic and launch sub-debates, I've never found a forum that doesn't do that.

True. I find it nice when debates get their own thread though. That way when I'm looking for the socialized medicine discussion, I don't have to remember that it's in the college thread. And it's also to be reading through a long thread and not have two or three pages worth of random side-discussion that doesn't really relate to the main topic.

Yeeeeeah I've been really guilty of the , ahem, "aol chat" ( I just call it 'net speak')..
but yeah
Is it me or is talking about how this thread is off topic becoming the new subtopic of this thread (ironic...or maybe i just plain stupid....both..?)
but yeah subtopics are very common in boards and do work really well at developing good points ( yeah its both)....or just plain strange ones....o.0

but yes moving along ...

> P.S. I'm not a mod-wannabe

;)

Actually, I've been wondering if it would be possible for mods to split off-topic parts out of threads? They'd have to use some discretion about when it's appropriate and when it's not, but it would help to keep threads a lot more on-topic.

IN case you don't know, this forum has no specific mods and its under the jurisdiction of the super mods and admins. So unless some real flame war is afoot, the off topicness is generally ignored. One thing would be to report bad post, but that as such is a moot point since the off topic post wouldn't be breaking any rules. Hence the given condition.... :-)

True, but the off-topic topic differs from forum to forum. In some forums, even the off topic posts are pretty informative. In those cases, off topic actually means 'something good about another topic'.

Since Chaky's post #202 requesting on-topicness be resumed, only 1 of the 6 successive posts is on topic. Way to go, guys! :icon_rolleyes:

And, yes, I counted this one! :icon_twisted:

And so the twisted path we go...o.0...to completley unrealted topics

ps i got the firefox version 2( with the spell check though even though it doesnt work on daniweb)..o.0..why is that?

I think it doesnt work as the daniweb forms are javascript. Seems only to like HTML forms

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.