Firefox kills Internet Explorer. ;)

like i said, i need IE for synchronising with my PDA. If it wasnt for that then yeah, i would use firefox as i love adblockplus

Yeah... but can't you use both? Cause, I do that sometimes.

the main thing i use the net for is daniweb lol and i like to be able to hit "create mobile favourite" in IE so i can reply on the go. The the only reason i dont use totally linux (i dual boot linux and win 2000) is that i need my pda, ms access and Visual Studio

Lol.. ahh cool. :)
Yeah, the only thing I really use the internet for is Daniweb, Myspace, and Google.

yeah, and college VPN.

who is that post directed at?

I say lol all the time, maybe i should cut down... How do you know if youve got any of these bad points ? , it would be interesting to see if i ever picked any up...

they ref to me
oh yeah i cant type to save my life..thou everyone tells me to i need to learn how to type......*pauses to reread that link*

wait..thats not leet im talkin i cant talk leet..( im jus using rlly bad english and net talk...wait..is that leet?)...

tot he ebst of my knowlage leet is if i use a letter number comobo to say stuff..like.. : 101! 1337! ( lol leet )

but eh......so most of my psots that are hard to read are just me accidenently hittin the keys in the wrong order..or not hting them all together...and the dots...which sum1 will say i sure of it...is jus a strange force of habit i cant..semm to stop..i dont knwo how ..or why its started..it jsu did...and was released by a friend of mine in my multiple emaisl..but my tpyiong is better nw...and thsi si long post..so im goin to shut up now...>.<..

oh and firefox rocks...and i sue interent for alot...aloooot.....as in...onyl veeeery resently danieweb..but i ahve mysspace email IM i play vid game online live ..(1st person shooters) i watch TV online uploaded shwos to stream sites and so forth....and id run linux but my knowlage fo ti it is very lwo cus ive neevr ran it and thsi computer is shared wiht my sister who needs it for skoola dn thus XP....and theres veyr lil hardrive space so i cant dual boot ( cus i mean 3-8 gig left on the 111 gig harddrive )

Fine. If you don't care about your typing (or your posts), no one else will either.

interesitng ive been flagged...hey will one get flagged if you dont use punctuation..or is it only due to bad grammer and spelling...
and good point..

To lemurexplosion:
It is really hard to understand you... what are you even talking about?

He's saying he received an infraction warning for bad grammar and he wants to know if it's because he doesn't use punctuation.

Ohh... I see...

...yeah..ive got the communction skills of that of a 3 year old..:)...joyful...

Yeah, I noticed. Where are you from?

lol Barbados West Indies.......dont judge my country by me though im bad example of your typical Barbadian....with a slight twist of complete insantey..and i cant spell to save my life..or type....
wow its hard to type in standard english if not doing a project or something

There are a lot of non-native English speakers on DaniWeb - if you're struggling with English, we won't hold it against you.

The thing is that in your posts, you often swap letters such as "counrty" instead of "country". This gives the impression that you know the right spelling, but are just typing fast and don't care about fixing your typos. And when YOU don't care about what you write, why should a total stranger on the Internet care about what you write enough to take the time out to respond to it?

well yes and no.....and ...more yes.....
i speak english we have the english as in british enlgish sort of here as its the main language...and i do ok in class etc.
and mostly its not that i dont care what i type..tis cus my other force of habit is speed reading and typing.....so if i go and type. for example : "barbaods" vs barbados...i dont pick it up..... all the time...so some of the typos you see are ones i just havent corrected....cus i havnt seen them.sort of like that email that was going around about how the human brain sees the first and last letter of the words..see the middle letters but reads it as a whole.....something like that.....
also i tend not to look at the screen as i type. .(bad habit i know)
and i use only 2(3) fingers and thumb on my right and one finger on the left ( thumb sometimes)to type..(worse habit i know..')...

so basically i just need to work on my typing and habits alot.....an untill then i need pause every line or soo look up and see wat mess there is to clean up......

and thus ends another of my inordinatly long posts....of no real relevence...:/..

(ps im alot better at typing i was less than 6 months ago...believe it or not..o.0..)

Ever heard of a spelling/grammar checker?

Oh dear, ive probably got lots then :( as
I never use punctuation or caps. Maybe I should try. (See, typed this one nicely...).

interesitng ive been flagged...hey will one get flagged if you dont use punctuation..or is it only due to bad grammer and spelling...
and good point..

No, we don't give infractions for bad grammer -- if we did I would have been banned a long long time ago. ;) But we at least expect you to pay more attention to your typing so that we can read your posts. We all misspell words occasionally but yours goes way beyond acceptable levels.

*see above post for my attrocious typing*

grammer/spell checker..only one ive ever used is in MS word..and i dont really like using word except for projects etc..personally i blame my first exposure to computer being really bad computers that froze up MS word tons.......*shivers*..that and the files are so big.. compared to if you just used notepad. (..ok not that big a diff but eh..)

thou ill contemplate using that seeing i keep having to go over these posts over and over...and editng about 5 times..o.0..

who is that post directed at?

Who is that post directed at? :|

I say lol all the time, maybe i should cut down... How do you know if youve got any of these bad points ? , it would be interesting to see if i ever picked any up...

Yes, cut it out. lol has become a meaningless set of letters. And yes, you've picked up bad points ;)

lol Barbados West Indies.......dont judge my country by me though im bad example of your typical Barbadian....

Conan the Barbadian? Kool!!! :D

Ever heard of a spelling/grammar checker?

Firefox has one built in....

Oh dear, ive probably got lots then :( as
I never use punctuation or caps. Maybe I should try. (See, typed this one nicely...).

yes it really helps that way you can follow someones meaning you dont have to struggle wondering if a sentence ended the text is understandable the first time :p

grammer/spell checker..only one ive ever used is in MS word..and i dont really like using word

As I said -- FireFox/built in.

Also, use the PREVIEW button!!!

>Firefox has one built in....
For some reason, it doesn't work on DaniWeb. Works fine on CBoard and a number of other forums, though.

Maybe Macs are just weird.

...firefox has one built in? ..o.0..thats news to me.....hmmm..well the prob with that would be if i tried to use short hand itd go off all the time..and i dont know where that is exactly at ( though i cudl in couple mins of poking around)

and yeah they are.. but that because in my opinion all operating systems are weird in one regard or the other....(but thats only my opinion)...such as why cant MS make a folder called "con "...i mean there may be a good reason but why con?

(and to the preview part i use edit alot..so far ..3-4 times on this post...)

Yeah, I definitely didn't know firefox had one built in.

eh you learn new things everyday ..such as i learnt very loong ago..dont throw a rock straight up..then look up....( it falls back down on your head...not fun..:/..)..
and now ill contineu to nsoe about until i find it..

ok i give up..(loong search eh)..i think i have the outdated fire fox though..o.0..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.