Let me share a thought with those willing to read it----seeing all these delicious sounding planned meals and snacks, especially from people who spend a lot of time sitting in front of a computer, is realy scaary. Not that they aren't enticing but I just think of all the really fat people one sees these days. We should all (including me) keep that in mind and watch our waists.

Just becasue you spend a lot of time in front of the computer does not mean you are more likely to be overweight. If you exercise just 20 minutes a day you will probably be perfectly healthy, considering your weight.

God, I love fish.
I eat in front of my computer all the time. I'm surprised the guy that asked this question doesn't. I guess I assumed everyone on this site spends 99% of their time in front of their computer. :P Oops!
Uh, and I'll most likely be eating tacos later. Tacos with nothing but meat and a little bit of onions and cilantro in them.

You made a bad assumption. We spend enough time in front of our computers at work already. When we get home we look for other things to do to keep us occupied when we can.

Where are all the fat people you see?

In my neighborhood there are no fat people, some are a little more stout than others, that's all. You can exercise in front of the computer, I have my station rigged up so I can stand too.

This evening is Italian dinner night at a friend's home. I will be wearing my red shirt. A little pasta, a spicy sauce with tomato and mushroom, simmered zucchini in olive oil. In other words, she really knows how to cook.

I'm glad I raised the blood pressure for some of you--I didn't say that one has to be fat if he/she spends a lot of time on front of the computer--I just said that there are a lot of fat people around (If you don't see them, than you are fooling yourself---"stout" might just be a subjectively polite term for fat) and we should watch our waists. If you are active--than good for you, but I recommend using a scale to see that the amount of exercise you do is adequate to burn the excess calories you may eat.
With all that said and sone--Hearty apetite to you all.

I'm glad I raised the blood pressure for some of you--I didn't say that one has to be fat if he/she spends a lot of time on front of the computer--I just said that there are a lot of fat people around (If you don't see them, than you are fooling yourself---"stout" might just be a subjectively polite term for fat) and we should watch our waists. If you are active--than good for you, but I recommend using a scale to see that the amount of exercise you do is adequate to burn the excess calories you may eat.
With all that said and sone--Hearty apetite to you all.

What's funny is that you're probably a fatass.
Stop preaching.

What's funny is that you're probably a fatass.
Stop preaching.

! Now you're getting personal, I certainly didn't intend to insult anyone and I incuded myself very clearly in the "words of Warning".
2. I weigh 75 Kg
3. My height is 170 Cm.
I leave it to you to figure out my BMI.
I hope that when you're my age you do no worse.

im ~87 kg
but am ~185cm

which means im just slightly into the overweight boundary

I am 50 kg and 170 cm. That puts me barely in the healthy weight category.

I work part time in a cancer clinic. No lack of skin and bones there!

Back to the title:
I cornered some inexpensive ham in the store, and will cook a split pea and ham soup for Sunday dinner.

Maybe someone wants to start a new thread of vital statistics--we seem to have gotten off the track of this thread (I accept the blame for leading us astray--my apologies).

Maybe someone wants to start a new thread of vital statistics--we seem to have gotten off the track of this thread (I accept the blame for leading us astray--my apologies).

Your wish is my command master.

Your wish is my command master.

Don't pass the blame (or the credit) to me--you are the master of your own actions.

I will be eating Shepard's Pie a little later.

(back on track now).

commented: Shepard's Pie is great stuff +2

a cup of coffee with 1% milk, no sugar

I will be eating Shepard's Pie a little later.

(back on track now).

We have a copy of an English Pub in our town, and I love their Shepard's Pie. Could take my GF with me, she likes the pub too. Good suggestion there jasimp!

i always have steak + ale pie at the pub

What's a pub?

I'm having candy a lot over the course of the night, fruit punch at midnight.

What's a pub?

It is basically a bar.

It is basically a bar.

with people who...

fish...again -_-

i think i'll have some fast food this afternoon. I'm the most unhealthy person here.

I dont know exactly but Im sure to have smething tasty

i think i'll have some fast food this afternoon. I'm the most unhealthy person here.

I rather eat the standard fair of fast food then organic food. At least I don't have to worry about deadly E. Coli from cow manure. IMHO you can come up with a nice balanced meal at McDonalds. On top of this, it tastes good too.

>you can come up with a nice balanced meal at McDonalds. On top of this, it tastes good too.

I was thinking more wendy's or carl's jr, as mcdonalds burgers are a little too small to fill me up.

Rice, chicken, spinach and curry, bread sticks and a carbonated beverage

commented: Sounds tasty! +2

Rice, chicken, spinach and curry, bread sticks and a carbonated beverage

Make enough for two, I am tempted to stop by. Sounds soooo good!

I just noticed that "Floppy Eating Disks, help (Storage)" is listed as a related thread.

Lol...wat do you think he means by eats disk? Is it that jabbing sound those drives always seem to make?

Does a vitamin pill qualify as "eating"?

Does a vitamin pill qualify as "eating"?

Since you are swallowing it, yes. A chewing gum in contrast is not food, unless you are in the habit of swallowing it.

Hmm, you can swallow your pride.

Tonight is the time I cook for my GF. If the food is good, it pays off. Thinking about beef liver and onions with mashed potatoes.

Does anyone know of food to score by?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.