Whilst reading some 'techno speak' from a self confessed geek, the thought occurred from the depth of some unknown source, about the origins of the word geek and indeed, what happens to them when they grow old?
Is there a grandfather of them all, out there on some distant porch, rocking away the golden years and wondering what the young whippet snappers were up to these days?

Can you, or you or even you, answer this question?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Is there a grandfather of them all,

Yes there is. He's called Ancient Dragon and is moderator right here at Daniweb :)

Thanks Nick, I'll remember that next time :)

Sorry mr. Dragon....:)

So AD - did you bite the heads off live chickens?

I think it's McCain the Older!

I think it's McCain the Older!

I just can't resist:

FoS has been sidelined in the UK by Political Correctness.

If you want to be the oldest geek like McCain.. drink the Neon-Geek Mixed Drink ahihihihihihi... you can do it at home.. just add mixed-drink w/ whiskey.. no need to go to Cool River Cafe

Is that babble supposed to make any sense at all?

He doe snot make sense very often but maybe he is just a cow orker

<sorry, those are old jokes from alt.folklore.urban - these 2 'in-jokes' are used as shibboleths <which in itself is a sibboleth>>

Is that babble supposed to make any sense at all?

If you remember, there was a claim by McCain's election staff that he invented the Blackberry thing. That would make him a pretty old geek.

Yeah,yeah - we know about McCain and his claim.
The question is this:
drink the Neon-Geek Mixed Drink ahihihihihihi... you can do it at home.. just add mixed-drink w/ whiskey.. no need to go to Cool River Cafe . That is just babble unless you can explain it.

And what is that Ahihihihihihi crap (other than being your name)?

If you remember, there was a claim by McCain's election staff that he invented the Blackberry thing. That would make him a pretty old geek.

He might have invented the Blackberry, but I don't think he ever was a geek.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.