I've lived in the United States my entire life and have never been to any other countries before. However on Friday (March 20, 2009), I will be leaving the United States and going to Jonathanland (Jonathanland City, Region 1, Jonathanland). I am going there and am going stay with my uncle for a couple days (which is good, since I won't have to pay the taxes there if I am staying with him), he even gave me one of his two guest rooms. This is really exciting for me, it's my first visit to a country other than the United States. I will be returning to the United States on Saturday (March 21, 2009).

GrimJack commented: WTF!?!? Just go away -2
Ancient Dragon commented: Have a nice trip :) +36

Recommended Answers

All 29 Replies

Enjoy your visit.

visit turkey too, it is very interesting country.

Where exactly is Jonathanland? I never heard of it and apparently google hasn't either.

@Ancient Dragon: It's in North America.

@serkan sendur: Sorry, but I'm a resistance fighter for the Ottoman Empire's return, I don't think they would like that to much back in Turkey : SNIP

I've lived in the United States my entire life and have never been to any other countries before. However on Friday (March 20, 2009), I will be leaving the United States and going to Jonathanland (Jonathanland City, Region 1, Jonathanland). I am going there and am going stay with my uncle for a couple days (which is good, since I won't have to pay the taxes there if I am staying with him), he even gave me one of his two guest rooms. This is really exciting for me, it's my first visit to a country other than the United States. I will be returning to the United States on Saturday (March 21, 2009).

He isn't going anywhere, follow Ezzaral's links.

First you did this "Daniweb NEEDS A SPAM FORUM " here not long after which I guess you were banned.

Then you say this :

Hello, I'm xgmx. I got banned from these forums a while back for breaking the rules. I believe I have changed since my ban and am now ready to rejoin the community. However, as you may or may not be aware, the decision is not up to me, it is up to the founder (and I am not the founder). So please forgive me and give me another chance, I won't let you down. I wish you long life and happiness. Thank you very much for hearing me out, I look forward to your replies and eventually rejoining the community.

Sincerely,
Kevin "xgmx" McDonald

Now you did this:

which is a useless post in this thread and repeated the same thing (albeit with the earlier banned, now unbanned username) in this thread.

Is this how you have changed ? And now I see why you needed a SPAM forum, and what you do when you don't get one.
You were supposed to be banned.

@Ancient Dragon: It's in North America.

@serkan sendur: Sorry, but I'm a resistance fighter for the Ottoman Empire's return, I don't think they would like that to much back in Turkey : http://s1.zetaboards.com/Ottoman_Empire/index/

it is not about turkey becoming ottoman empire or so, it is about its historical and natural beauties and foods. especially mediteriannen costs are great.

Sounds like a real adventure! Hope you don't fall into the rebels' hands or get arrested by the corrupt law enforcers. Don't drink the water!

commented: ! +19

And do not double post! You have already been told to read the rules.

Two threads merged.

Sounds like a real adventure! Hope you don't fall into the rebels' hands or get arrested by the corrupt law enforcers. Don't drink the water!

where do you refer to?

Does it really matter?

Does it really matter?

it does, turkey is not like that, there is no water or such problem.
its reputation is bad because of islam.

You could, however, just consider his advice as generic in nature.

The 'water' thing isn't only when there are problems, a lot of people become used to their 'local' water sources, and can get rather sick if it changes. Usually bottled water is a good idea whenever you go somewhere outside of your comfort zone (for most people, it's a city, sometimes state, much less another country)

The 'water' thing isn't only when there are problems, a lot of people become used to their 'local' water sources, and can get rather sick if it changes. Usually bottled water is a good idea whenever you go somewhere outside of your comfort zone (for most people, it's a city, sometimes state, much less another country)

in turkey we dont drink fossit water, almost always we drink bottled water, this is not because the fossit water is unhealty, it is because fossit water does not taste as good because of the additional bacteria killer stuff added in it.

Tourists in general dont drink the tap water anywhere, it tends to give you get the shits because its different

Turkey is nice, i went back in the late 90s/early 2000s

Tourists in general dont drink the tap water anywhere, it tends to give you get the shits because its different

Turkey is nice, i went back in the late 90s/early 2000s

yeah we have lots of scottish people going there. i dont understand scottish accent though, if you speak in voice, probably i wont understand yours too. and scottish people dont like when you ask if they are english, they preffer brittish. anyway where did you go in turkey?

Dont know where, i was a child at the time.

We traveled through Mexico a lot when we lived is Arizona; we never drank the water. One thoughtless moment, we rinsed the grapes and suffered for a couple of days for our lapse. Otherwise, we ate tacos from curbside vendors with no problems. Sometimes it was cheaper to drink beer than bottled water. Truth be told, we might wait until the gunfire subsides in the border towns before we would travel the border towns again.

Tourists coming to USA don't drink our water either -- I knew someone from Australia and he told me that he can't drink our water.

we get told not to drink your water because its has more pollutants

is there a nuance between "get told" and "are told", i mean what is the difference between "we get told not to drink" and "we are told not to drink"?

thanks.

nothing really, when people are speaking to eachother casually they get used to mean the same thing

The differences can also be just a colloquialism or dialect. There are many differences in the way the Brits and Americans speak -- hell there are differences among Americans.

Agree !
USA is full of politics ! and the innocent clean water is get polluted cos of dirty politics !

Take it easy guys and girls here in asia the same secnario is there!
Don't think that you'r bad or better than us.

We traveled through Mexico a lot when we lived is Arizona; we never drank the water. One thoughtless moment, we rinsed the grapes and suffered for a couple of days for our lapse. Otherwise, we ate tacos from curbside vendors with no problems. Sometimes it was cheaper to drink beer than bottled water. Truth be told, we might wait until the gunfire subsides in the border towns before we would travel the border towns again.

Mexico is in the US news lately, there seems to be a good chance that the ever increasing drug related violence will turn it into another Afghanistan. So the advice there should be:
"Don't stand between the drug lords and the military during a shootout, or you will eat lead instead of tacos!"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.