Anybody here a fan of Chuck? I'm a pretty big fan - behind at the moment, but I've seen every episode except the last two. Giving our geeky hero superpowers was a risky move on the show's part, but it is still entertaining so far. I also liked his third (and quickly discarded) girlfriend that he met on the airplane quite a bit, but oh well.

I recently got into Spartacus - probably a pretty mediocre show, objectively speaking, but it wasn't very hard to distract me from my OpSys project, especially with all of the nudity and violence. (I guess the show is either on a special channel or it is on very late at night, I don't know, but I watched via Netflix). I can see myself becoming a netflix on demand (through xbox 360) addict very soon.

Recommended Answers

All 37 Replies

Flash Forward has caught my attention. It is in the very limited list of shows I watch.

I'm not watching much live right now besides 24, but my favorite past shows have been such classics as The Office (original), The IT Crowd and Scrubs (haven't watched the new Scrubs, and I'm not sure if I want to). Oh yeah, and the cartoon Adult Swim stuff.

I have been watching Spartacus - Blood and Sand recently. It is quite good, very much like Gladiator in many points. I liked Gladiator, and I like Spartacus. Recommended.

I'm not watching much live right now besides 24, but my favorite past shows have been such classics as The Office (original), The IT Crowd and Scrubs (haven't watched the new Scrubs, and I'm not sure if I want to). Oh yeah, and the cartoon Adult Swim stuff.

Yeah, The Office was one of my favorites in the past. I don't watch it anymore and haven't for several months. It got less funny and more awkward as it went, at least for the U.S. version. I always liked Scrubs as well, one of my favorites - but I have no interest in watching the new show with the new characters either.

Macgyver, Stargate Atlantis

There are SOOO many to choose from!

Murder She Wrote
Diagnostics of Murder
Law & Order Criminal Intent
Law & Order Special Victims Unit
House
ER
Golden Girls
MASH
I Love Lucy
The Honey Mooners
Upstairs Downstairs
Benny Hill
Dr Who
All Star Trek series and movies
BattleStar Glatica
Jack Benny
The Jeffersons
Merlin
Biggest Loser
American Idle
America Has Talent

I used to watch Big Brother but it was cut off the air. I hope Big Brother (Australia) comes on in the near future as it was a great show. I still remember the ending "This program is brought to you by Dreamworld, the home of Big Brother". Wish it were still on or that I could get live streaming of an international Big Brother.

I used to watch Big Brother but it was cut off the air. I hope Big Brother (Australia) comes on in the near future as it was a great show. I still remember the ending "This program is brought to you by Dreamworld, the home of Big Brother". Wish it were still on or that I could get live streaming of an international Big Brother.

I hated American version of Big Brother. How boring to watch a bunch of people visit each other in a house. Its more interesting to visit an old people's retirement home :)

House is an interesting show too, but I never watched it religiously. Which is good, because now that you reminded me of its existence, I'll probably watch a ton of episodes when I get bored. If they are on Netflix at all which I don't know about.

Member Avatar for diafol

Very few over the last 20 years - they all seem formulaic. I do remember enjoying Edge of Darkness (1985 with Bob Peck) and Traffik (1989 with Bill Patterson), both later made into films - Hollywood gave them gloss and just HAD to set them in the US, totally ruining them in the process, *sigh*.

- Hollywood gave them gloss and just HAD to set them in the US, totally ruining them in the process, *sigh*.

That's Hollywood for you :( They did the same thing with Dr. Who.I'm sure glad they didn't get ahold of the Godzilla movies. Oops! I think they did.

I just love "Frazier", particularly Eddie the dog, Daphne Moon and Niles.

The greatest TV SHow of all time has got to be Seinfeld. Not many people in the UK know about this show as it was hidden away very late at night (sometimes not shown until the early hours of the morning) on BBC 2 which is not exactly peak time viewing!

I'm currently looking forward to two shows that are going to be shown over the bank holiday weekend - the first is A Touch Of Frost and the second is the first episode of the new series of Doctor Who starring a new doctor and a new companion!

:)

O' and I forgot to mention Survivor. Did everybody see the twist when Russell gave the immunity idle to that other person saving both of them and voting off someone very few in the tribe expected. That was so cool. Haven't seen a twist in any show like it. I like Russell and hope he wins the $1,000,000.

I was always partial to Benny Hill when his show was on the tele.

Member Avatar for diafol

You f.... what? You can't say that! That, that's ... I'm lost for words... It's just not PC. You'll get arrested for saying things like that. In fact I'll get somebody to denounce you. If it's not family friendly and the main characters aren't of an ethnic background, not got a gay or lesbian common-law spouse and have all their limbs or sensory organs - you can't - I repeat CANNOT say that you like it. I mean, that would be admitting to being, erm, normal, wouldn't it?

OK, I've never watched CHUCK (I never saw the show when it first came on and I have a hard time getting invested in the show after its started) However I've watched a couple of really great shows. White Collar (USA Network), ARCHER (FX, Its freaking hilarious!!) and NCIS: Los Angeles (not sure if its as good as the original but it's entertaining)

BENNY HILL IS A FREAKING CLASSIC. I'm assuming you and I are from opposite sides of the pond, but I love Benny Hill. I was also a HUGE fan of "The Young Ones" when they were on. Great stuff, still brings a laugh

Actually just thought one of my favorite shows (and I'm dating myself on this one) is Magnum P.I. - HANDS DOWN.. Guy lives in a mansion, in Hawaii (on the north shore no less) drives a Ferrari, has a buddy with a chopper and another buddy with seedy underworld connections, aside from the shorts (the 80's were a weird fashion period) it was an AWESOME show.

Also I was a big fan of THE UNIT (sorry they cancelled it)

My favorite TV show of all time is Charmed. I also liked Amazing Race and Survivor. I don't watch tv all the time now.

"The Ultimate Fighter season 11' it may be considered somewhat uncivilised, but non the less very entertaining..... Another classic has to be 'Flash-Forward' :)

I like The Big Bong Theory right at the moment.

Sheldon is so geek!^^

I like The Big Bong Theory right at the moment.

Sheldon is so geek!^^

Is that a different show than the one on CBS? ;) [isarcasm] Careful, material like that is going to mess up your sig link hits. [/isarcasm]

For me its got to be the new season of 'Flash-Forward':)

ellen degeneres show

Sandford and Son has always been a favourite of mine but not a lot of people in the UK will have heard of that as we're more familiar with Steptoe and Son on which it was based on - You Big Dummy! - good old Fred Sanford.

i like to watch only
Family Guy

&

Sex and the City

family guy and grey's anatomy

commented: No one much cares about the spammers. +0

family guy and grey's anatomy

hey if you're from pakistan, why should i trust you to tell me a damn thing about chicago?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.