Your so called "unjustifiable punishments" are in retaliation to the barbaric attacks the extremists perpetrated in the first place.

Extremism draws its fuel from atrocities committed on their community and do-nothing-and-simply-watch attitude of the International Community.

Why did the people who perpetrated the attacks on London and in Mumbai do so?

Mumbai - I don't know. But London because of Blair's foreign policy.

Did they undergo atrocities?

Their "community" is still being subjected to such atrocities as I speak. Now I want to clarify one thing that I don't consider Al-Qaeda or such to be a part of the Muslim community, but the terrorist organisations still consider themselves as a part of the community. It's about how THEY perceive it. Even then they were ONCE a part of the community before they turned into terrorists.

? That has got to be the lamest argument I have ever heard.

First of all, I was not defending terrorists in any way.(Or did it occur to you that I was?!?) I was simply stating the obvious as to why would someone turn into a suicide bomber or a terrorist in the first place.

Who gives them the right to kill others and destroy property just because he has been tormented?

US gave Israel the right to kill Lebanese people and destroy their property just because... :)

So let this terrorist find the people who did torment him and exact his revenge there.

They all show up on your TV on a daily basis.

Because if this terrorist really believes that killing thousands of innocents will be worthwhile revenge, he deserves to be brought down...hard

And you should be brought down hard too. There's no way you can get rid of terrorists without involving multiple times more civilian casualties if you are thinking of a military solution. If you side with an option that involves the death of innocent people you are no different from the terrorists you hate so much. Hatred breads hatred. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

And you should be brought down hard too. There's no way you can get rid of terrorists without involving multiple times more civilian casualties if you are thinking of a military solution. If you side with an option that involves the death of innocent people you are no different from the terrorists you hate so much. Hatred breads hatred. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

So what do you suggest? Keep on having negotiations while the terrorist schmucks destroy the world? Do you honestly believe that such people consider anything apart from violence? You can't sit with these guys on a table and tell them "Hey, you shouldn't attack us." Sure, we can try...once, twice but not the third time. Look at the situation in Kashmir...even though during partition, Kashmir came to India (by choice), militants have been actively enforcing terrorism in the valley. Every day you hear reports about mass murders perpetrated by these militants. You think they're going to sit and talk? No way. The only solution is to stomp em out.

Look at the situation in the UK. I agree Mr. Blair's policies are a tad over the top, but that does not give anyone (least of all some wily little thug) the right to kill people. If they continue terrorising the world, I'm pretty damned sure the world is going to retaliate.

When did I say that that you should be negotiating with the terrorists? I only suggested that to prevent terrorism you have to fight against their propaganda. You must ensure that people in your neighbourhood dont turn a terrorist against you. Sure, if you have superior military power you can invade other countries and bomb camps there and kill thousands irrespective of militants or civilians, but what about the people living just around the corner of your house? Refer to one of my older posts here. Our primary target should be to fight against their ideology. Military solution is secondary. If you start invading countries it only helps them in the long run.

Kashmir came to India (by choice)

Kashmir came to India by choice of the then King of Kashmir who happened to be a Hindu eventhough the majority of the people in Kashmir were and still are Muslims. In fact, Kashmir is the only place in India where the mojority are Muslims. If you really want to be fair why don't you let the people in Kashmir decide where they want to be? Do they want to be independent, be a part of Pakistan or remain a part of India? Let them make a decision today! As a Bangladeshi I know how barbaric Pakistani gov and its military can be. Being a part of Pakistan won't be a wise decision, a country which is still struggling to establish democracy. It's status of democracy is simply put pathetic. Then again the issue with Kashmir is very sensitive and complex. Something I don't understand very well and don't want to comment much on.

However, the situation in Middle East is a lot simpler actually. If you keep on invading people's land, drive them out of their place, steal their resources and continue committing massacres in dozens and dozens as if they were some sort of insects or animals - you wont find peace anytime sooner. Terrorism is simply a part of the equation.

I agree Mr. Blair's policies are a tad over the top, but that does not give anyone (least of all some wily little thug) the right to kill people.

Sure, they dont have the right to kill innocent civilians at all. Then again you must agree that it's because of Blair's policies that encouraged them to act in this way. I am simply stating the causes, not justifications. Causes and justifications aren't the same thing.

If you side with an option that involves the death of innocent people you are no different from the terrorists you hate so much. Hatred breads hatred. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

That is the most observant quote i have read in this thread of accusations, rebuttals, and problem solving. Cain was also speaking along the same lines. Yet people would rather see the terrorist countries innocent people blown away, like ours were....much like what our government is doing now. Going with the Ideology that two wrongs don't make a right.....but it damn sure feels good, and to me that's not acceptable.

I'm not in favor of killing civilians at all. I'm pretty sure about that. However, I have realised that terrorists will stop at nothing to spread their wave of hatred, intolerance and extremism wherever they can. In this context, a peaceful solution, though preferred, is not feasible. What do you think we ought to do? Wait?

We can't wait and we can't continue to annihilate every area we think might have some terrorist activity either. So i guess the solution is the medium of the 2 which no one has figured out yet because IT IS so difficult, because your right they can't be reasoned with. Until then like Asif Nsu said, educating the world about terrorist cells and how they operate is the only RIGHT thing to do. Azif also mentioned the fact that they are preaching there beliefs and propaganda onto easily influenced people, thus spreading there existence. So if the governments plan is to BLAST out all terrorist activity no matter where it may be, what happens when they our setting up camp in our own backyard?

EDUCATION IS THE KEY, AND FINDING A EQUAL MEDIUM BETWEEN NOT WAITING AND USELESS BOMBINGS IS THE KEY, AND IF ANY OF US HAD THE SOLUTION TO THAT.....WE WOULD NOT BE HERE DIVULGING IT OVER A COMPUTER, YET WE WOULD BE IN THE OVAL OFFICE EXPLAINING IT.

We can't wait and we can't continue to annihilate every area we think might have some terrorist activity either.

Annihilation is the only answer. Do you not remember how the Japenese were until the nuke was dropped? They stopped didn't they?

Until then like Asif Nsu said, educating the world about terrorist cells and how they operate is the only RIGHT thing to do.

And what exactly does that do besides nothing?

So if the governments plan is to BLAST out all terrorist activity no matter where it may be, what happens when they our setting up camp in our own backyard?

Well if we blast it out now instead of letting the liberals whine about everything we won't have to worry about that now will we?

EDUCATION IS THE KEY

I'd LOVE to hear how education is the key. Please explain.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.