•… Linux is basically a DOS based OS.
•These days we are using 128 and 256 bit processors.
•A compiler is a software that converts code written in a particular programming language to machine code. To compile a program, you must hit ALT+F9. (It took me a while to realize he was talking about the Borland Turbo C++ IDE from 1992, a prehistoric compiler Indian colleges use for all C and C++ courses.)
•The object code generated by a C++ compiler is almost identical to that produced by a Java compiler.
•The first high level language was Ada, also known as Smalltalk. (This was a big WTF moment.)
•The second high level language was COBOL, which was an improvement over Ada. (Cringe, cringe, cringe.)
•FOTRAN came after COBOL. (No, “FOTRAN” is not a typo. This is what he said.)
•FOTRAN, COBOL, Ada and Smalltalk were not general purpose languages.
•This one is classic: C was the first language to run on UNIX systems. All languages before C ran only on Windows.

[/quoute]

:P I taught that I'm the #1 wired person in this world, but it seems to be I'm
incorrect.

Text quoted originally from : http://blog.uncool.in/2009/01/19/computer-science-fail-higher-education-in-india/

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

>>Update: The professor in question has been reported and is now banned from taking any more classes.

hallelujah! :)

I've had awful teachers before.

-English teacher which marked my coursework as wrong because I used a word that he never heard me say before.
-Maths teacher that taught us what we needed to know for the modular exam AFTER the exam.
-Maths teacher that constantly lost coursework and refused to admit it. Not the same as the previous.
-IT teacher that thought it would be a good idea to glue all the peripherals of the computers into their ports to stop students stealing them. The mouses were all old ball mice and people just stole the balls.

All of these from the same school.

What a fool. I believe that he is actually back again, poor students...

Damn!!!:D

Not much damage done compared to world leaders that don't know anything about the world.

It appears to be the case of
those who can, do, those who can't, teach.

commented: sweet +0
commented: Terrible case of mistaken induction. +0

And those who can do neither, enter politics.

It appears to be the case that there's a lousy teacher in the world. Are you surprised?

In my time, I've seen a lot more lousy students than lousy teachers... and usually the lousy students do the most complaining about the teachers.

ya !
you made my day!

No, we become journalists :)

Those who can, do
Those who cannot, teach
Those who cannot teach, write about it

Those who can, do
Those who cannot, teach
Those who cannot teach, write about it

Those who can not read, don't care.;)

I had to add this part ----

Those who don't care, becomes members here on Daniweb.:)

Surely we do care, that's why we joined DaniWeb!

I was waiting for the whip here. To all other readers, we most definitely care, hence our time spend on this site. If we did not care, we would not have replied to any questions.;)

Member Avatar for diafol

> It appears to be the case of those who can, do, those who can't, teach.

That really blows steam up my derrière! I could, did, but wanted to teach - just like the vast majority of us. A few flakes do not a bowl of cereal make.

The biggest problem with education is the numbwits that think they know what being a teacher entails because they sat in a classroom.

Anyway, did I mention that a side effect of being a teacher is that you lose the top 1000 layers of skin? :)

I'd worry about the layers of skin somewhere else, considering where that steam is blowing...

commented: Ha bloomin ha! :) +0

The IT teacher at our school, couldn't point out the difference between a server and a PC. She has trouble finding the any key, and doesn't understand why her computer isn't running when the power is out -__-.. Okay maybe not that bad... but you get my drift.

I once had a user (back in my mainframe days) who couldn't understand why her daily reports were always the same each day. When I asked what they did for processing each day, she said:

• Make backup of database.
  • Enter all the daily records.
  • Restore database from backup.
  • Run report.

This had gone on for three months before she decided to call and figure out what the problem was. Since this was a military system, people spent time in prison for this. Really.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.