read you loud and clear mods
maybe its better if we just stop posting on this thread.

A discussion with people, including Moderators is always welcome. However, arguing just for the heck of arguing is bordering on the line. The mods here are to ensure that the rules of the community aren't violated and that we can make this community one where everyone feels free to ask anyone for help. To achieve that end, it's paramount that all discussions be kept within the confines of the rules. Discussing people's personal lives is not acceptable. Just because this is the Cofee House and that we can discuss any topic does not mean that we discuss inappropriate topics.

Why don't you delete all of my posts too.

---------------------

no need, I'll just remove the insults.

Happy birthday Dani!

Cool, chill, reeeelax.

That's the official word from one of the Admins here, me :)

As long as the banter here is light-hearted I am happy for you guys to chat away. This is the lounge, after all.

However, I have deleted a copy of postings where there was either offensive language which is against DaniWeb rules, or the message was likely to start a flame war.

The mods here are not trying to rain on your parade, as it were, just trying to keep things civil.

Happy birthday Dani!

Finally, someone remebered what this thread is about.

I'm so old I've forgotten how old I am...

That's one god thing about getting old. You forget things. You forget why somethings bother you. Then you forget WHAT bothers you. Then you can forget about it all.

I know that some women forget that they are older than 40. It's kind of a lifespawn limit. It's like driving a car at max speed. It can't go faster, but it's going.

I've forgotten what we were talking about now.

Hmm.. hey benobi1 and cosmoe, just to let you know that even though this is geeks lounge, it doesnt mean that you start posting utter crap.

You said "crap".

No. He said 'utter crap.'

No. He said 'utter crap.'

You said "crap" too.

No. I said 'utter crap' too. :)

Seriously though, there are very few sensitive souls who would find the word crap offensive, whereas cursing and truly foul language is a totally different thing and just won't be tolerated hereabouts.

I made that post after someone sent me an email calling me a twat. I assummed after seeing Dani use the word pi** that profanity was allowed in the coffe shop. I made those remarks under the topic "My Birthday." They were just casual obsevations made only to give people a "chuckle." I think the moderators need to dicuss this issue with "The Queen."

Whether a specific word is profane or not depends as much (if not more) on the context in which it is used as it does on the word itself.

for example the word beaver when used to mean a large furry rodent who's rather fond of water isn't profane in any way. When used to indicate a certain part of a woman's anatomy it certainly is.

You said "crap".

crap1 (krăp)
n.

1. Excrement.
  2. An act of defecating.
  3. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
  4. Cheap or shoddy material.
  5. Miscellaneous or disorganized items
  6. Insolent talk or behavior.

Now since I am a MOD and its my duty to follow the forum rules, you can very well understand which option given above, describes what I was trying to convey.

I hope you get the point.

So, define pi** and tw** for me. An ass-kisser can be somone who goes around kissing donkeys. While your at it who invented the words "poo poo" and "pee pee?"

So, define pi** and tw** for me.

I defined what I used in my posts to mean what I had to convey. Why dont you define those yourself ?

An ass-kisser can be somone who goes around kissing donkeys.

Agreed

While your at it who invented the words "poo poo" and "pee pee?"

..definately not a sensible and sane person.

crap1 (krăp)
n.

1. Excrement.
  2. An act of defecating.
  3. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
  4. Cheap or shoddy material.
  5. Miscellaneous or disorganized items
  6. Insolent talk or behavior.

Now since I am a MOD and its my duty to follow the forum rules, you can very well understand which option given above, describes what I was trying to convey.

I hope you get the point.

You forgot "crap = sh**"

<Monty Python mode>

Is this the £5 argument?

</Monty Python mode>

Ah, good old Monty....

An ass-kisser can be somone who goes around kissing donkeys.

And a "tight-ass" is a medical condititon. Or a tough donkey.

OOPS! There I go again.

I must be a criminal or something.

Talk about the donkeys....

Chaky: the file you posted doesn't work. After unzipping it, launched it. That brought un Microsoft Player and all I saw was message "Opening file". That cause 100% cpu usage! I had to turn off my computer and restart because I was not able to stop it. :mad:

Thank you all for your well wishes, but things are going way off topic now, so I will close this thread :).

commented: Thank you! :) --joeprogrammer +3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.