Anyone on daniweb now but not using a laptop. Like hand phone or tablets?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

I use my iPad to visit Daniweb occasionally, but posting is a bit of a chore.

commented: Agree +0

>>Anyone on daniweb now but not using a laptop
I never use a laptop -- hate them. I just use a regular HP PC.

I access DaniWeb from my iPhone when away from the office, just to keep an eye on things. Most of the time I use my lappy.

AD: what is this 'PC' thing you speak of? You are taking the 'ancient' thing too far my friend :)

commented: Is lappy short for laptop? +0

My PC is HP desktop computer and 19" monitor. Ancient?? I just bought it a few years ago :)

My PC is HP desktop computer and 19" monitor.

You should look into a dual-monitor configuration. I switched to it about a year ago and I'm SOOOO glad I did. I have an HP with dual flatscreen 19's at work, a really old Dell desktop with a single flat 21 at home. I'm saving my nickels and dimes for a second monitor at home because I like it so much at the office.

I don't have to real estate for two monitors. I don't need a monitor for each eyeball :)

commented: Lol +0

Using phone and start posting in daniweb is a bit of trouble. AS you can see the phone screen is small and makes it hard to tap on the screen and in this post i spell phonr instead of phone.

I sometimes use my Kindle xD. It is really slow though lol, and I do it only when I am really bored.

Member Avatar for diafol

BlackBerry sucks. Not just DW on BlackBerry, EVERYTHING webwise on BlackBerry sucks. Are you listening RIM?? It's a load of pants. Zoom, wait 2 minutes for scripts to load and page to render (again), Zoom, wait 2 minutes for scripts to load and page to render (again), Zoom, wait 2 minutes for scripts to load and page to render (again). Finally it's at a setting that allows you to interact with the page. Like I said, load of pants. It can't handle the purple bar at the bottom either. Trying to get 'Threads I've Posted In', forget it.

I use a laptop. My phone is so slow and I don't have a tablet.

I do use my phone occasionally but thats when am extremely bored. Its a hard work, especially when you want to select text and place them in QUOTE blocks......if you achieve this, pls let me know how.

You can see how difficult using a phone ( with such a puny screen ) to post. Look at the thread title, I can even misspelled the phone;)

I tried using my Galaxy Tab once and found it very difficult to post anything, lots of misspelled words that were difficult if not impossible to correct.

commented: Agree +0

I don't have to real estate for two monitors. I don't need a monitor for each eyeball :)

Well I currently have dual monitors and it's great. So great I'm saving up for a third. Perhaps I should get bigger monitors too because 19" wide screen lcd for each monitor is kinda tiny. I would prefer 28" dual but that's rather expensive so the alternative for me is to get a third monitor. I hear you can get monitors that are powered by usb cables and purely run on the usb port these days (eg, no serial cable). However their limited to about 8 inch. I think I'll get one of them and put it beside one of my monitors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.