May I request there be a security forum(s) so that there be discussion on security issues
Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

"Our Viruses, Spyware and other Nasties forum is the place for Q&A-style discussions related to Windows security. Post a HijackThis log here if you think you've got viruses, spyware, adware, malware, or other unwanted guests."

Or were you thinking of something different?

Or were you thinking of something different?

I mean from developer's perspective: XSS, SQL injections CSRF.... you know what I'm talking about! Also there could be sub forums like Network Security, Web app security, Desktop app security et al

General discussions of security from a developer's perspective would fit in the Computer Science forum.

The security you want are you looking for forums to prevent hackers. Not sure about other parts of your question but your network security, seems like something i can help with. And whom are you protecting against? Like Hackers, virus or other related stuff?

General discussions of security from a developer's perspective would fit in the Computer Science forum.

what about specific? May be make a subforum there?
I think security is big area that demands its own forum. But then that is my opinion :)

You may want to read up on the responses of these threads. I'll bet the same answer applies, get a lot of threads on the subject first.

You may want to read up on the responses of these threads. I'll bet the same answer applies, get a lot of threads on the subject first.

Hi Pritaeas,
I just thought that security issues have no forum and might be asked in different forums.
But anyway, If it is not needed for now, then it is fine. I don't like to be shovelitist ;)

The security you want are you looking for forums to prevent hackers. Not sure about other parts of your question but your network security, seems like something i can help with. And whom are you protecting against? Like Hackers, virus or other related stuff?

Hi,
it is much of discussion than a problem :)

what about specific? May be make a subforum there?

Specific questions would be language or platform dependent. So I'd say whichever language or platform forum is most relevant.

I think security is big area that demands its own forum.

It may be a big area, but is there enough demand for a specialized forum?

Specific questions would be language or platform dependent. So I'd say whichever language or platform forum is most relevant.

I agree, because there is no specific forum :)

It may be a big area, but is there enough demand for a specialized forum?

I think that is very good question that I have no answer for now. May be let us buy time tracking the needs before create that forum/subforum. I think you have a good point.
Now my question is, how can we know, since (talking of me) I don't visit each forum? I know due to your (and other mods) tasks, you even have heavy load to tracks forums? May be make a poll?

Well, the way it usually works when a member suggests a new forum is required is for that member to prove it is needed by doing the donkey work and throwing a bunch of links in the direction of management (in this thread is fine) to current and active and relevant posts in other forums that show there is a demand for it...

Well, the way it usually works when a member suggests a new forum is required is for that member to prove it is needed by doing the donkey work and throwing a bunch of links in the direction of management (in this thread is fine) to current and active and relevant posts in other forums that show there is a demand for it...

I got it HG :)
Let me dog around... On hunt! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.