Guys i'm already familiar with PHP.But now i'm hoping to learn .net for web developing.Please tell me what is the best from both and what are the differences?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It all comes down who uses it alot. Most of the servers uses PHP because it was really linux based. IMO, I would say choose PHP or atleast programming languages based on linux servers. Honestly, I don't see ASP servers more often than PHP. Plus, they have better Frameworks (which I think is crucial) than ASP. But some companies are partners with microsoft (which I think is pathetic). So choose wisely

But some companies are partners with microsoft (which I think is pathetic).

The bold part of your statement (emphasis added by me) suggests that you have a strong bias against Microsoft which is probably coloring your opinion of .NET for web development. If you hadn't called Microsoft partners pathetic then your opinion on .NET versus PHP would be more credible.

Member Avatar for diafol

Like bananas or oranges for filling your belly. I favour PHP, but have nothing against ASP.NET. I find PHP more accessible and immediate results are obvious, however, I don't think that ASP its languages are inferior. My decision for cosying up to PHP are money related. Almost everything I need to use in PHP is open source or free-to-use, whereas the equivalent in ASP may be co$tly.

I think we shouldn't be serious about the language selection, its all about your application, e.g. if you think that you can solve your problem in simple GW Basic, you should go for it. A good programmer is not depended on language. The second thing is market, i think both PHP and .net has good market, many companies are working in both language, like here in US, there are many jobs for SharePoint, Asp.Net web solutions as well PHP Joomla, PrestaShop and other CMS.

Second thing, we should keep changing the language selection to take the benefit of all technologies as well earn more. I encourge you to learn the .Net. Everything you can do in PHP is always possible in .Net besides .Net 4.0 introduces built in features like MVC, WPF, WCF, LINQ etc that you might found more interesting to lern.

Thanks guys.I got the expected answer...:)

The bold part of your statement (emphasis added by me) suggests that you have a strong bias against Microsoft which is probably coloring your opinion of .NET for web development. If you hadn't called Microsoft partners pathetic then your opinion on .NET versus PHP would be more credible.

I do! And I really am biased with Microsoft vs Linux :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.