Not sure if anyone lives near, or is currently in Boston however watching the news it seems to be kicking off.

For those of you who don't know, one explosion went off at the finish line, and one at the JFK library. Two more packages have been found (although unconfirmed) so it is rather worrying, especially considering the London Marathon is coming up.

2 Killed
20+ Injured

Condolences with the families, and hoping that everyone else makes it through fine.

Does anyone have any more information on what's happened?

Recommended Answers

All 41 Replies

It's simply terrible.

The kill count has risen up to 12...

Has it? Thanks for the update, the BBC seem to be a bit behind on the story.

I heard. That was a trajedy

The kill count has risen up to 12...

Could you post the source for this? all I've heard is the 2 confirmed dead, although one news channel was occasionally posting 3 dead. Would like all the information I can get.

Could you post the source for this? all I've heard is the 2 confirmed dead, although one news channel was occasionally posting 3 dead. Would like all the information I can get.

I have read it was 2, but i was "listening" to other people's devices in school and it kept saying 12.

Their devices were probably wrong. I've only heard about 2, one of them was a young child.

Yeah, I heard that 2 people only died and many injured.

I believe the suspect has not been caught yet... Anyone want to have a guess who it was?

I would say it was a dude who couldn't pay his taxes or the North Koreans trying to get Muslim countries guilty for what the Koreans did.... Sorry, i am playing the finger pointing game now.

Also, the injury amount i believe is 144 and the death toll is 3, amongst them was an 8 year old.

commented: Borderline racism =/ +0
commented: Agree with Ketsuekiame +0

or the North Koreans trying to get Muslim countries guilty

You give them too much credit -- I doubt that dictator is that smart

Disgusting scumbags those who did it.
In Russian I'd call them "merzoidi".

You give them too much credit -- I doubt that dictator is that smart

Well... lets just hope this problem doesn't lead us to war again. I heard the current dictator failed grade school.

No need to turn this into a religious/political/philosophical argument.

The BBC are still only reporting three deaths; Krystle Campbell, Martin Richard and a third unknown with approximately 170 injured.

No need to turn this into a religious/political/philosophical argument.

I try not to bring it up but unfortunately North Korea has been causing way too much problems for the US. Plus, North Korea said a few times they wanted to hit us with something.

I try not to bring it up

Then don't. I think that going off half cocked and throwing around accusations with no evidence is exactly the wrong thing to do. It's an immature, knee-jerk reaction that will only cause more problems than it solves.

I just heard that one of the people who died was an 80 year old. He was going to see his dad after the race, but sadly he coudn't :(. I also found out that the bomber was a Jewish Woman.

I just heard that one of the people who died was an 80 year old. He was going to see his dad after the race, but sadly he coudn't :(. I also found out that the bomber was a Jewish Woman.

I also heard that the 8 year old who died had a younger sister who lost her leg. I feel bad for all those that were hard physically and mentally during this event.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/boston-boy-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

I also found out that the bomber was a Jewish Woman.

Where did you hear that, i thought they haven't found the suspect yet?

I've been told, how true it is though I don't know, was that the boyfriend of the third woman killed was going to propose to her once she had crossed the finish line.

It's all very sad indeed.

Don't rise to it <m/>, surely you can see that it's some kind of sicko humour, with the

I just heard that one of the people who died was an 80 year old. He was going to see his dad after the race, but sadly he coudn't

That was a typo -- should have been 8 year-old, not 80-year-old.

My mother told me yesterday that it might of been a Jewish Woman. I don't knowwhere she found that out.

commented: And that's how the hatred spreads, by ignorant people who spread rumour and innuendo. +0

If you don't know where she heard it and you can't confirm it as fact then just keep your racist statements to yourself. It might have been a Somali man. It might have been a Swede. It might have been Rush Limbaugh. It might have been anybody. That statement was only meant to cast aspersions against someone, or in this case some group. I've heard they arrested a suspect but I have no details yet. I'm not going to assume an organized conspiracy. I'm going to wait for the facts.

commented: Well said +0

It was definitely Obama! The marathon was on TV and Obama is on TV. MUST BE HIM! <-- This kind of logic is everywhere and random speculation doesn't help.

The problem with the post is that you've attributed it to a type of people. "Jewish" therefore you're painting the picture that the "Jewish" part had something to do with the motive.

I could perfectly accept "I've heard it could be a woman" or "I think it could've been a woman" which is a perfectly valid speculation, as, most people would assume a man would commit this kind of act. But then you would be asked for proof of your speculation.
However! Wording is important "I've heard it might've been a woman" vs "Could it have been a woman?" are different statements and the correct way it should be said (when you have no proof of speculation, other than the lack of it) is "Could it have been a woman?". In one you're ascerting fact, in the other you're proposing speculation.

So whilst the comment: "My mother told me yesterday that it might of been a Jewish Woman. I don't knowwhere she found that out." might appear to follow valid speculation, you've now proposed a provable speculation and additionally attributed a sub-type and made it a racially aggravated motive.

On the news the claim to have caught the 2nd suspect of the bombing (the first one is dead)

Well, depending on the outcome of this then I shall mark the thread as solved. Thanks for the update <M/> and let's hope it is the person they've caught.

Indeed, let's, all we, start to study Mathematical Logic & Set Theory.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.