I am a Computer Science student. I have to select my final year project as soon as possible. I am confused how I should select my project. Can you help me by telling me the strategies for the same? I am interested in C++, Java, Web development, Recommender Systems. Actually, it is a research project. When I read a lot of work already done, I stuck at the moment when I need to think of something new which I can do in that area. How should I proceed? I am just asking for the proper methodology which I should follow. Any help will be appreciated. I have read one thing which inspired me a lot-- Magic happens only when you come out of your comfort zone. So, I am ready to learn something new if you have something in your mind. Any new technology which has many things to learn, explore? I want some project which have lots of practical work involved rather than lots of theory. You can also tell what you did at your time; this will also be quite helpful.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Actually, it is a research project. When I read a lot of work already done, I stuck at the moment when I need to think of something new which I can do in that area. How should I proceed?

Generally most new research involves either using existing theory/methods to a new problem or combining ideas which have never been combined before. Often a good way to get ideas is to go to seminars in a variety of sub-fields.

and what about talking with your coordinator? When I was at that point they had a selection of projects to choose from, based on requests for graduate students from companies and research institutes willing to host people for their graduation work.
For example I was offered a position to do research in nuclear waste classification technology based on my stated preferences and available projects.
Of course that didn't prevent people with contacts elsewhere from submitting projects of their own, dependent on the same criteria as the presubmitted ones.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.