I have just started my third year of my Bachelors degree in IT. I am enjoying programming and would like to take my interest with programming further.

The main reason I enjoy programming is because of the fact that your mind is the limit of what you can create and the things you can create are limitless.

I have one concern, I dont feel like I am good enough with the logic side of programming. I want to find ways to increase my logic and problem solving skills so I can become better at programming.

When I run into a problem that seems easy enough that I should be able to solve without much help and I have trouble solving the problem I become disheartened and feel like I shouldnt be programming when fellow programmers are very good with their logic and problem solving skills.

I enjoy programming and I would rather not give it up because I dont feel like I am good enough, I want to get better and increase my skills.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I want to find ways to increase my logic and problem solving skills so I can become better at programming.

There are a lot of code golf websites, providing problems (and solutions). That might be a start.

When I run into a problem that seems easy enough that I should be able to solve without much help and I have trouble solving the problem I become disheartened and feel like I shouldnt be programming when fellow programmers are very good with their logic and problem solving skills.

Join the club. :) Problem solving takes practice, and even the best of us have trouble with problems that seem easy and turn out to be troublesome. Don't lose heart, what you're experiencing is completely normal and very common regardless of experience and skill level.

The most challenging programs are typically the ones that you learn the most by doing.

One thing I've found that helps, is doing logic problem puzzles. This gets your mind used to thinking in a more logical pattern. One of the most common logic problem puzzles is sudoku.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.