What time does the Mayweather v Pacquiao fight begin tonight and what TV channel can I watch it on?
Who do you think will win i am on Pacquiao side

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Mayweather all the way baby, if he wins this he'll go down as one of the greatest for sure. His training routines are unparalleled, his defense is masterful.

But then again he has a lot to lose.

I was in NY when he trounced Ricky Haton.

Shame the match goes live at 4.00am UK time.

Member Avatar for Warrens80

MAYWEATHER WINS MAYWEATHER WINS YES YES YES YES YES. didn't get to watch it but I did keep tabs through friends.

I watched the fight on TV, and i have to admit... it was a terribly boring fight. It was honestly the most hyped fight...
All I basically saw was Mayweather running 20 miles and hugging Pacqauio every few seconds...
I knew Mayweather was going to win, even though it would have been awesome for Pacman to destroy him.
Also, what was interesting is that Pacman was suffering from a teared muscle in his shoulder that required surgery... and he still went to fight without treatment. So that means that Mayweather had won against a one armed man by decision...

Member Avatar for diafol

Gutted about this. Mayweather is everything that's wrong with the sport. He is very talented, no doubt about it, but what a thoroughly disgusting individual. Could have happened to a nicer fellow. Do Americans even like this idiot? I'd be ashamed if he was a compatriot of mine, however talented.
Mayweather running and clinching is what I saw too, but his boxing ability was greater than Pacman. All the stats stack up in Mayweather's favour, which ever way you look at it. But I agree, the most boring fight I've seen in a long time.
I really hope they don't have a re-match. I'll not waste any sleep on it if they do.

@Diafol, Recently, Mayweather took back his word about allowing for a rematch and called out Pacman as a coward. I am a huge boxing fan, and I am realistic with my opinions on who should win and who is great, but Mayweather will never be in the top 10 most greatest boxers of all time... yet at the same time, he thinks he is better than muhammad ali and sugar ray robinson...

I don't really know much about boxing I used to watch a lot of UFC. I more excited that Mayweather won because I got 10 bucks from it. Although last week we had a fight at school that was more interesting

I personally think UFC is much more entertaining because its typically shorter and has more action involved. But it really is a preference based on situations...

There is a lot more action and you know they have to be tough because they sometimes bring in Marines to train the fighters making them all that more deadlier.

I don't think the fighters in that fight had any marines to train with them...? At least that's what I know.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Mayweather isn't exactly the most loved man in boxing, and he has of course a criminal history. However, the reason why he is 37-0 is precisely because he's smart when he boxes. His fights aren't entertaining at all, but that is because he moves the fight to where he knows he's going to win on points.

No other fighter really does this with such mastery. And yes, he is good, if you see mayweather train you'll know nobody's elses training regime even comes close. It's this discipline that has earnt him his record.

He's smart and unflashy (in the ring) but he won't be beat. Well, as he gets older perhaps, but my guess is he'll have one more rematch with pac man, purely for the money and then he'll retire. And who wouldn't want a rematch, given how much money it has grossed? Can't blame him.

No other fighter really does this with such mastery

IMO Klitschko does too (although I don't remember which one it was, I think Wladimir), last match I saw of him he held his opponent back with a very annoying outstretched arm, and didn't punch much at all. Was enough to win without getting much damage.

And yes, he is good, if you see mayweather train you'll know nobody's elses training regime even comes close.

Have you not seen mike tyson training? Or maybe Frazier? Or Tim Bradley? Or Pacman himself? Or Holyfield? Or Klitschko? There are many boxers who train harder than Mayweather. The advantage Mayweather has is who fights (and most of which aren't very challenging, from a boxer's perspective).

Well, as he gets older perhaps, but my guess is he'll have one more rematch with pac man, purely for the money and then he'll retire.

He won't. He called him out a coward and took back his "offer."

However, the reason why he is 37-0 is precisely because he's smart when he boxes.

The majority of his fights aren't even impressive fights. To be honest, I pay attention to his fights and most of the fights aren't even with great boxers. Honestly, the only fights I credit him for are with Canelo (Canelo just wasn't at his best like he was in his recent fights), De La Hoya (even though he slipped on that fight), Castillo, and my absolute favorite is his fight in the olympics where he actually lost... and that obviously put a smile on my face. I am not into cheap and low life boxers who are credited with winning easy fights. Honestly, Pacquaio would have won IF he did not have a wounded arm. If it required Mayweather to win by decision after 12 rounds to beat a one armed man, think about the damage Pacquaio would have done if he was healthy... he would have won, preferrably by knockout. If the fight was 5 years ago, Mayweather would have been wrecked.

Mayweather in my eyes will never be in the top 10 greatest of all time. There are numerous reasons as to why I would say he stinks, but it would be a bit tedious to go through an entire list to explain why he stinks. The so-called Money Team fans are like Beliebers and 1 Direction fans, they will stay entitled even when proven wrong...

The so-called Money Team fans are like Beliebers and 1 Direction fans, they will stay entitled even when proven wrong...

Hey! leave the bieb man out of this and 1D...lol jk

commented: XD +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.