This says a lot to each of us if you read it .. Very touching indeed.

This is a copy of a post strictly in Kenna/FYL words

All I want to say. Most people want good things to be said about them. I'd prefer the truth. I was basically a fine gal, and I had some nasty traits at the same time. Anyone who's reading this knows exactly what I mean. They can see the same things in themselves if they didn't know me well enough to know my faults.

You who know what I bitch I could be and loved me anyway, you guys are really special to me.

I'll be cremated. I don't care where you scatter the ashes. Use them for kitty litter or even flush them if you want. Just don't bury them someplace or keep them in a container and pretend I'm there. I'm not there. I'm here, inside the person who's reading this and inside anyone who has ever told me I helped make their lives better. Don't put a headstone anywhere and then go there sometimes and plant flowers, as if you're visiting me. I hate flowers. You don't have to go anywhere to visit me. I'll no longer be bound by time and space; all you have to do to visit me is think of me.

PLEASE, NO CRYING!! It's only death, after all. It isn't as if nobody ever died, or as if death is something a person either deserves or doesn't deserve. Nobody's to blame for death. God didn't take me. He tried a few times before but I didn't play along. They didn't need another angel in Heaven, I'm far too nasty for that. It isn't a punishment for anybody's sin, none of that nonsense. It's just death. It "ain't no big deal", the song says. Looking at nature, we can plainly see the end of one thing is always the beginning of something else.

If I had it to do over, I'd do everything sooner and more often. Life is short; eat good food, listen to good music, read good books, do a good job, enjoy the company of friends, forgive, forgive, forgive... and every chance you get, touch someone somehow.

Examine your rules, and if they don't work for you, get rid of them. No sad music at my funeral, and no grieving oratory. If you're going to remember my funeral, I want you to smile while you do it. Play the music I loved, and turn it up. I'm watching.

If I've ever touched your life in a positive way, it's your turn now. Pass it on. Touch someone else's life, help them grow and change in positive ways. If you try to take credit for it, it doesn't count, so keep your ego out of the way.

Hurting yourself is stupid. Stop it. Smoking, drinking, using drugs, eating lousy food, staying angry or stressed, remembering past hurts, working a job you hate, and hanging out with people who treat you poorly are all self-abuse. Do something else. Do anything else. Best of all, remember my direction: you are you're own king/queen, you can do anything.

And last, but not least........

ROLL TIDE!

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. "

God bless you all :)

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

There's a truth in it somehow. That's life :)

Nice one, she's got some clarity there.

and almost certainly another hoax. Very similar things make the rounds in the chain letter circuit all the time.

What?

What is so touching about that?

and almost certainly another hoax.

I suspecting something when the words "pass it on" were used in the actual letter.

I work in a hospital and patients that suffer from terminal cancer simply don't think like that! This must be a silly hoax.

My mother was a bit like that when she was on the way out, thats why I half believe it. She was so philosophical, being the hard core Buddhist and so on, it was just business as usual for her. People can vary a lot in how they go I think. But I think you're right, it smacks of hoax, partly because it says all those things you wish you'd be thinking when it's your turn hehe.

and almost certainly another hoax. Very similar things make the rounds in the chain letter circuit all the time.

Thats what is sad about the world,you just dont know for sure :(

That can be a good thing ;)

someone who's near death from cancer isn't going to bother sitting down and writing a chain letter with their thoughts...
They're going to at most tell them to their family and more likely keep them to themselves.

That makes the claim a hoax.

It could be true at some level if it were someone putting the thoughts of someone who died from cancer into a chain letter though.
Would still be a bloody nuisance having your mailbox flooded with dozens of the things (which is likely to happen if you have some gullible people who've put your name into their address books) or your ISP gets swamped with them and mail delivery is disrupted (likely to happen if your ISP is AOHell or another n00by level ISP).

This article needs somebody playing the violin in the background.

This article needs somebody playing the violin in the background.

Now, now. Daniweb serves, if I understand correctly, as a medium of information exchange. And the last thing we need is more violins in the media.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

commented: hehe, I don't think many caught that +6

Darn, a hoax, I had tears in my eyes when I read this.

Does it matter if it is or isn't. I think the last paragraph has a damn good point.

Does it matter if it is or isn't. I think the last paragraph has a damn good point.

Absolutely true. I've known a few people to hate themselv and make everyone around them miserable too. I refuse to live like that and left home at age 19 because of it. Not saying I was perfect either but tried not to make other people's lives miserable just because mine isn't perfect.

Absolutely true. I've known a few people to hate themselv and make everyone around them miserable too. I refuse to live like that and left home at age 19 because of it. Not saying I was perfect either but tried not to make other people's lives miserable just because mine isn't perfect.

Bravo, well said.

I too refuse to live a victim complex.

:icon_exclaim:

This says a lot to each of us if you read it .. Very touching indeed.

God bless you all :)

I am grateful to find this message - I have recently been re-diagnosed with cancer and I too feel this way about dying,yself and what I want and don't want..to those of you who skoff at this someday you may be in this position - I guess it will take that situation for you to understand this person's message. I hope you never have too.

someone who's near death from cancer isn't going to bother sitting down and writing a chain letter with their thoughts...
They're going to at most tell them to their family and more likely keep them to themselves.

That makes the claim a hoax.

It could be true at some level if it were someone putting the thoughts of someone who died from cancer into a chain letter though.
Would still be a bloody nuisance having your mailbox flooded with dozens of the things (which is likely to happen if you have some gullible people who've put your name into their address books) or your ISP gets swamped with them and mail delivery is disrupted (likely to happen if your ISP is AOHell or another n00by level ISP).

You are very wrong about this - no chain letters, no prayer requests, sometimes you just have to accept your fate - all of us will die sooner or later - some people like myself choose to be logical about it - writing down one's thoughts and wishes is a lot better than sitting around crying all the time. I hope you never have to go through this - words cannot describe what goes through your mind...

you had to create an account just to insult people?

Or are you someone who doesn't want to get another of his accounts banned and decided to create another one to insult people?

I refuse to live like that and left home at age 19 because of it. Not saying I was perfect either but tried not to make other people's lives miserable just because mine isn't perfect.

Very good,im proud of you Dragon :)

My mother passed away a few years ago.....she was at least honest with herself and let everyone know she was scared. But she also suffered, and was relieved at the thought of not having to suffer. She asked to die in her sleep and she did. She did not know what to expect, and who does. Of coarse if you know you are on your way out, you don't want people to be sad for you, but remember a relationship works two ways, so if someone you love dies, it is going to hurt.

I have also seen phony letters like these sent through email, but when you get a ginuwine message like that from someone you love, it is easier to handle than just thinking about some strangers words. If it is real-then she is thinking in a rather neat manner, if it is fake-then someone has too much damn time on their hands.....

Im so sorry you lost your Mom :(

commented: You are a kind person! +1

I was 25 when she died, and I only spent about four years of my life knowing who she was. I also lost my father when I was 10. I only was with him for 2 years before he passed away. It seems as though I have been a stronger person having to go through the situations I did, and I am happy with the results. I am 28 now, and I have children of my own. Growing up the way my life has taken me has helped me make sure that my kids stay well taken care of. They are the greatest joys in my life (6 year old son, 3 year old daughter), and I have to credit my life history which has allowed me the strength and wizdom to be an awesome dad!

So, The Dude, while it is indeed sad to have lost my parent's, please do not be sorry for my losses (trying to say that with utmost respect and sincerity to your kindness). I believe there is a plan for my life, and what happens is absolutely supposed to according to that plan. I love my life, and I love my kids. Again thank you for your kindness! :)

On a lighter note, I just noticed that I have 210 posts (will be 211 with this one)!! It is good to know that I am on my way to being a Whiz!! LOL

It seems as though I have been a stronger person having to go through the situations I did, and I am happy with the results.

I kind of went through the same thing, not death but abandoned by my father at 2 and a hard case latch key from that point on, raising myself. Because of it, I feel that I've gotten more out of life and can appreciate things more, gives me pride to be able to provide for my children in places where I missed out. Funny how it works that way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.