I thought you could play halo on it?

>you cant play Xbox games on PC, no emulator exists.
Well, I wouldn't say none exist, but the few emulators that are available are quite limited by the games they can play.
http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/xbox/

>I thought you could play halo on it?
Halo's been rewritten for a number of platforms. Any game can run on an infinite number of gaming-capable platforms, provided that the company ports it to each of them.

Halo's been rewritten for a number of platforms. Any game can run on an infinite number of gaming-capable platforms, provided that the company ports it to each of them.

Ohh, that makes sense.

> Any game can run on an infinite number of gaming-capable platforms, provided that the company ports it to each of them.

But Halo has been successful mostly on the XBOX platform. The PC version was aimed at being a replacement for the current multiplayer action games gods like Counter Strike though it failed at it.

> Any game can run on an infinite number of gaming-capable platforms, provided that the company ports it to each of them.

But Halo has been successful mostly on the XBOX platform. The PC version was aimed at being a replacement for the current multiplayer action games gods like Counter Strike though it failed at it.

Hey i like halo in PC version and the multiplayer mode. The thing is people who are used to play in PC arent good in playing with xbox or PS2. XBOX has to many buttons and in my case i keep forgetting the controls.. But liked playing prince of persia in PS2.. the game rocked.

Which Part of POP did u guys like? i liked Warrior Within..

The last one is pretty awesome. Chariot racing has never been this fun. So for me, its the POP-Two Thrones.

So am I the only one that has xbox live?

looks like :D

I only play pc games, not having tv as i'm living temporary in UK, licence is expensive, tv too and not to mention consoles. Instead of paying huge money for console I build customized pc. Used to playC&C but now more team play with clan or friends in cod2 and bf2. Now expecting new Quake Wars - Enemy Teritory:P

I agree. Do you know that in game you can get an old style xbox for about £35 though?

> Now expecting new Quake Wars - Enemy Teritory
You must be having a pretty good graphic card from the looks of it.. ;-)

There's binaries released for Quake 4 and Doom 3 so you can play them natively on linux. That was really off topic.

That was really off topic.

Eh, it happens. ;)

I won't yell at you.

Halo 3 beta came out today to download!!! Sorry, just thought I would share the update. Make you guys aware.

> Now expecting new Quake Wars - Enemy Teritory
You must be having a pretty good graphic card from the looks of it.. ;-)

Power Color ATI X1800XL with 512MB, what you think will it be capable to run that game ;)

There's binaries released for Quake 4 and Doom 3 so you can play them natively on linux. That was really off topic.

No, that is actualy valuable information. Looks like big company start to look upon Unix as another gaming platform "Took long enough!"

I dont think it will run. I have an X1950 Pro 512mb and its apparently just about ok

I do not know what games you play but they must be strange, BF2, COD2, NFS:Most Wanted max setting and no problems at all so i'm certain that QW:Enemy Teritory will be ok. Or do you already know configuration for QW?

My Xbox 360 got 3 red lights so I phoned MS and they say its out of warrenty so they want to charge me £80 for repairs. It broke on its own; it gets used 3-4 hours a week (Xbox live Pro Evo sessions!) and is only 18 months old, never been moved, dropped, coffeed or anything.

Anyway I just bought a new core system (as I have a HDD and wireless pad anyway) on ebay which will tide me over; I wouldn't replace it but I have games and stuff that I want to finish (I'm half way through Oblivion too)

halo 2 for pc came out this week.

I have a simple 128 MB graphic card (FX 5200 Nvidia) so I guess I can't even dream of playing that game. But hope you get to play that game Peter. ;-)

halo 2 for pc came out this week.

What are the requirements? I might get it.
Oh, and thanks for sharing that by the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.