hi,
sorry, but i hate my school...
it will listen silly, but i can't do the tasks in Qbasic...
i hate, hate, hate it....!
please, help....

Recommended Answers

All 30 Replies

Welcome to DaniWeb.

Why do you dislike your school so much ? Riga looks like a grand city. If you have problems with QBASIC then post questions in the Basic Software Development board and people will help you.

and we hate kids who are too lazy to pay attention in class and do their own homework.

If you don't want to learn, why should we cover for you and possibly end up having to cover for you at work because you'd no doubt not want to work either (even if you were capable of doing a job requiring more mental activity than flipping burgers).

commented: Completely inconstructive +0

what was the OP trying to say?

Idk, but he needs to quit being so lazy.. We've all been to school, and we know how it works. You've got to work, and at least try to learn... hating the subject certainly wont help you.. I suggest reading some tutorials online, and trying to teach yourself. But yea, you wont find a soul here who will do your work for you if thats what you're looking for..

Um maybe he is asking for motivation and inspiration. Instead people give him insults and derogatory comments. Is he lazy just because he doesn't like programming in qbasic?

But they don't say what they want inspiration for. they can't do the tasks in QBasic..... so?

also "it will listen" makes no sense, i think they meant I.

who is "they." I thought we were talking about one person? (don't correct other peoples grammar if your own is crappy)

I believe that 'they' in this case is an attempt to circumvent the politically incorrect third person singular masculine. Or, in other words, 'they' is being used to refer to a single individual of unknown gender, instead of the more commonly used 'he'.

Its grammatically incorrect. Just use "he." People who actually care are stupid.

Um maybe he is asking for motivation and inspiration. Instead people give him insults and derogatory comments. Is he lazy just because he doesn't like programming in qbasic?

lol.. motivation? Perhaps, but the OP should be more specific in what he/she wants..

I believe that 'they' in this case is an attempt to circumvent the politically incorrect third person singular masculine. Or, in other words, 'they' is being used to refer to a single individual of unknown gender, instead of the more commonly used 'he'.

lol.. naw, ya think? Most people do use 'they' instead of 'he/she' or just 'he'.. as 'he' is masculine and can be used for a girl if the person's gender is unknown.. or 'one' can be used :)

But they don't say what they want inspiration for. they can't do the tasks in QBasic..... so?

also "it will listen" makes no sense, i think they meant I.

I think he may have meant "It will sound silly...".

The rest was merely a tantrum with no clear objective.

I think most of you posters should be ashamed of yourself for being so overly critical of darkfura, who apparently English is not his mothertongue. He is probably having a difficult time expressing himself in English and all you guys can do is bitch about how lazy you think he is. Good grief people have you not ever had similar feelings over the frustrations you have felt trying to get some program code to work right? Instead of kicking him in the teeth you should be tring to encourage him.

I don't like the use of the word they in an attempt to be pc either. It reads and sounds terrible. Anyone whose mother tongue is English should know better.

commented: i agree +17

If he had posted a specific question or a reason why he is posting.. then people wouldn't have jumped him.

lets find some qbasic tutorials for him (who teaches qbasic anyway? its a crappy language and hes perfectlty right to hate it...)

A mod please check this poster above and all the PM's he has made, definetelly a spammer.

Worse than that, he was a 419 scamming phisher - also sending this stuff by PM. Now banned.

In future though, please use the 'Flag Bad Post' tool to report such things as they will get dealt with quicker as a rule that way.

Thanks.

Yes you are right happygeek, I am new here, I just did not see this untill you mentioned, I will make the use of it next time.

it isnt so. i m not lazy, i m just desperate... if my teacher would not be so anger, i would do those tasks with fun... he just give the task and we need to do that even we dont understand it...

A mod please check this poster above and all the PM's he has made, definetelly a spammer.

my post??? :o

The spam post was deleted.

ah i see

I put "they" because I didn't know if they (look, there it is again) is a he or a she. I didn't really like it when someone somewhere else refered to me as he/she even though the gender was under my profile.

As for english not being their/his/her mother tongue... didn't occur to me. I figured there were one of those people who write in shorthand and forgot how to use semi-accurate English. My mistake for forgetting other languages exsist because I only experience English in my little Epping to Harlow world.

Using the word "they" is grammatically incorrect in that situation.

Yea, I think it was b/c of singular-plural agreement.. Using 'he/she' or 'one' is more grammatically correct, but I couldn't care less so long as we understand what you're talking about (that's the purpose of language, no?)

Wow, I just noticed your profile pic.. Is that you w/ the tattoo?

Using the word "they" is grammatically incorrect in that situation.

ok.

Josh was that aimed at me? Yes that is me.....

how long do I milk this?

I can't lie, I also used PaintShop on the picture, for the tattoo. Check out my deviant art page (in my profile) to see more.

pretty sweet (if your into that stuff ;-p)

[edit]>Check out my deviant art page (in my profile) to see more.

Where is this?

the tatoo?

Nah. he meant the link, sorry i thought it was there. Has been edited :)

Back on topic...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.