Yeah. He's so fake I think.

Or he's been practicing witchcraft.

hah.. I'd probably guess the former ;)

Anyone ever heard of this crazy "magician?"

Of course.

Yeah. He's so fake I think.

Or he's been practicing witchcraft.

Neither. He's a magician.

Assuming he didn't have some form of glass platform under there (water would have probably obscured it from the camera, but I did see someone diving through his path, partially above water, which kind of works against this idea), then I'm at a loss as to how he did this.

Assuming he didn't have some form of glass platform under there (water would have probably obscured it from the camera, but I did see someone diving through his path, partially above water, which kind of works against this idea), then I'm at a loss as to how he did this.

or just blocks, plus all the people in the water were most likely stooges in on it, hence knew how to act, where to swim.

The camera showed someone swimming underneath where he was walking at one point. Hence, I'm going with the 'extended platform' idea rather than the 'blocks' idea. Although there could be both...

Yeah, first part platform, second blocks, or there was a break so the person could swim through. Also, was the person directly under his feet? *rewatches* not quite.

In the comments there's a theory of moving glass.

Don't know what it was, glass is just my theory. But whatever it was, it had to be fairly narrow, and I'm betting glass.

Notice how carefully his feet seem to be going down most of the time. He's trying to avoid stepping off of his 'zone', whatever it is, would be my guess.

yeah right he's doing that.
well he might have that weird effect like a pond skater, where he distributes his weight more than normal?
Who knows

yeah right he's doing that.
well he might have that weird effect like a pond skater, where he distributes his weight more than normal?
Who knows

Highly unlikely; unless he's done something to the water to drastically increase its surface tension I'm betting he'd still go through. And if he'd done that, I'd bet instead that everyone in the pool would be stuck in place. (Hmmm...Jello swimming pool?)

A priest, a minister and a rabbi went fishing in a boat. After about an hour the priest said "I'm thirsty", then stood up, walked across the water to a refreshment stand on the shore, then walked back to the boat. A few minutes later the minister said "I'm thirsty too", walked on the water to the refreshment stand then walked back. Finally the rabbi said he was also thirsty, but when he tried to walk on the water he fell in. At that moment the priest said to the minister "I guess we didn't tell him where the rocks were".

Maybe that's what this magician was doing.

Slack line?

Couldn't there be a clear glass bridge?

> Maybe that's what this magician was doing.
Maybe you didn't see how he removed his shoes, exactly at the same spot at which he was standing. The only way I think this was possible is by assuming that those people were in this hoax.

Question:
Why did he needed to walk like looking for a post in the water?.
Why when he took his shoes off he keeps balancing in just one leg as if he were sopported by a small surface?.

It is very intriguing to me that in today's age there's still people that accept magic and magicians as real.

Chris Angel has actually never said that he is magic infact there was a show on here a while back about him and although he does not tell you how to do these things he does however mention that fact that he has been an illusionist since the age of about 14. The first of these was making his mother appear to be balanced on the tip of a broom handle.

Although some of the things he does are impressive i doubt that there is anything supernatural about it.

Chris Angel has actually never said that he is magic infact there was a show on here a while back about him and although he does not tell you how to do these things he does however mention that fact that he has been an illusionist since the age of about 14. The first of these was making his mother appear to be balanced on the tip of a broom handle.

Although some of the things he does are impressive i doubt that there is anything supernatural about it.

Really? Magic isn't real? Wow, what a clever inspiration.

Notice how carefully his feet seem to be going down most of the time. He's trying to avoid stepping off of his 'zone', whatever it is, would be my guess.

No, he's trying not to break the water tension, otherwise he'd sink! If he wasn't careful, he'd break the surface tension and go under. Basic 3rd grade science. :icon_rolleyes:

Slack line?

Probably not. It would stick out of the water. Have to be a tight rope -- made of glass so you can't see it. :icon_razz:

Ya think?

Come on, people, haven't any of you ever seen a magician before? Doug Henning? Blackstone? David Copperfield? Ever hear of Houdini? They're illusions! Sheesh!

Ya think?

Thats what I said lol..

Hmm.. a very clever trick.. And obviously the people were in on it. What would people's reactions be if he truly was walking on water? Would they just swim around never really getting close.. shouting something like "wow, how is he doing that?" I mean, the actors were good.. but if he was really walking on water then EVERYONE would be right by him.. touching him, and perhaps trying to make him fall in. As you can tell at the beginning, he is balancing himself and almost falls (around 00:21).. It is obvious he is standing on something.. he looks directly at it too, so he definitely knows where it is. Also, at the end he almost steps again, and his foot submerges in water. I really have no clue as it did not appear to be a glass walkway.. I think the 'block' idea is probably the most likely.

[edit] ..and at 00:23, it looks very strange as if it is somehow computerized..

Also, everyone keep in mind that the different camera angles are not necessarily taping the same concurrent event. The tape was obviously edited, and they could have easily gone back and taped the close-ups at a different time, and they could have made the effects appear more real. Also, notice how the sound is not synchronized when the camera angles change.

My main point was actually that he never claimed there was anything supernatural about it.

... and if he had, would you be dumb enough to believe him?

Personally i don't think that kind of question is really nessicary or relevant to this post. As far as i can tell its just a cheap shot.

Shhh! Obviously Josh has SCIENCE to back him up!

Shhh! Obviously Josh has SCIENCE to back him up!

I think he asked John and Jane Doe...

hah =p

Camera angles and stooges play a HUGE part in that illusion.

Couldn't hear; was watching with sound off. But, based on what I saw, I'd say dwarf (or perhaps the term is 'differently-heighted person' these days?) confederate. Not sure about how the legs were done...can't remember how long the skirt was. Wouldn't be surprised to find a contortionist under there, though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.