I say 'WALKMAN' for sound quality :)

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

iPod. I've no tape cassettes left to put in my walkman (which is also quite a lot larger than my iPod).

I hate apple, and thus I would rather use anything over an ipod :)

I vote discman.

How about neither?

How about Zune!!

I vote discman.

have one of those as well (well, not a My First Sony but a Philips). Nice, but rather shaky so not too suitable for biking.
And bulky of course.

>I hate apple, and thus I would rather use anything over an ipod

*blinks* someone hates Apple?

*blinks* And you don't?

Apple pie is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.

And that includes human brains

>Apple pie is the most disgusting thing I've ever tasted.

Is it bad my brain made the connection to the movie american pie and then laughed?

I love Apple pie... Just hearing the word makes me want to bake one :)

>I hate apple, and thus I would rather use anything over an ipod

*blinks* someone hates Apple?

Just get him going on a rant, it's kinda funny. No real solid basis for his position; it's like most people's dislike for [newer] Microsoft products. They're actually decent, but people just like to spread the hate.

I dislike Apple Inc.'s products as well, with similarly little basis (except for iTunes, which has some annoying issues...) :P

hey, I dislike Steve Jobs. That's enough reason to dislike Apple (using the same logic kids use to "hate" Microsoft).
But I'm pragmatic. They make SOME nice stuff, shame it's so overpriced though ;)

Just get him going on a rant, it's kinda funny. No real solid basis for his position; it's like most people's dislike for [newer] Microsoft products. They're actually decent, but people just like to spread the hate.

I dislike Apple Inc.'s products as well, with similarly little basis (except for iTunes, which has some annoying issues...) :P

haha.. well you kinda have to hate apple since you work for MS :P

Apple products just generally suck ass.. the only reason they are still in business is b/c microsoft doesn't give a damn.. they aren't a threat b/c microsoft's biggest customers are the businesses.. and no one in their right mind would use macs for their business.. also, if microsoft put apple out of business, then the damn liberals would charge them with monopolizing the industry (again). So yeah, apple sucks.. everyone knows it.. but microsoft needs them ;-)

haha.. well you kinda have to hate apple since you work for MS :P

With the abundance of iPods and iPhones around the office, I assure you that such is not the case. Really, there's very little hate against any company in general, whether it be Apple, Adobe, or anybody else.

Apple products just generally suck ass.. the only reason they are still in business is b/c microsoft doesn't give a damn.. they aren't a threat b/c microsoft's biggest customers are the businesses.. and no one in their right mind would use macs for their business.. also, if microsoft put apple out of business, then the damn liberals would charge them with monopolizing the industry (again). So yeah, apple sucks.. everyone knows it.. but microsoft needs them ;-)

Apple's hardware products (e.g. Macbook, iPod, iPhone) are typically decent with the exception of their price tag. They're selling their name attached to the product, and I just want the frickin' hardware to work nicely regardless of the name attached. And they do have a pretty nice design.

Their software on the other hand is getting increasingly battered for security faults, which is rather entertaining. Ah, I miss the good ol' days of "I have a Mac, so I don't need antivirus..." Not that I ever had a Mac...

That said, Apple seems to have become a little distant from the PC market and seems to be focusing heavily on embedded systems these days. The iPod, iPhone, and AppleTV are the new "hot stuff" coming from their shops, (ok, Leopard is still a big one, but that's for an existing market). This could also just be the next trend for the industry, since Microsoft is making a similar push (though also retaining their huge focus on PC related products), with the Zune, XboX (which doubles as a media center), and Windows Mobile devices.

iPod all the way! It is as American as apple pie! I agree, American Pie is one super movie (we have the whole set of DVDs in our media room)!

iPod. I like apple. I like my new iPod touch. Enough said.

This could also just be the next trend for the industry, since Microsoft is making a similar push (though also retaining their huge focus on PC related products), with the Zune, XboX (which doubles as a media center), and Windows Mobile devices.

Mobile Devices? MS have basically killed off PocketPC.

My 2003 PPC wont work with vista or WMP11 as its "too old" as MS decided to cut all support of CE based systems to only 1 year.

my anti-mac blog:
http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry1474.html

The main thing that made me swap to apple was the price of an OS that does not work properly and was not really a significant upgrade.

The main thing that made me swap to apple was the price of an OS that does not work properly and was not really a significant upgrade.

My experience with Vista has been rather dismal, I have the grey screen of death, it upgrades at will kicking everything I do, security consists of childish questions and so on.

I am eyeing an i-Mac, and hope to talk my dad into getting one for Thanksgiving.

I have a Desktop computer with Vista on it and for some reason the OS keeps corrupting itself and needs to be reinstalled . I am not happy with it at all.

My advice would be that if you do get an iMac get a copy of XP pro as well. XP pro is one of my favorite operating systems and it is alway handy to have installed on your mac. The setup on my Mac book pro involves a 10gb boot camp partition running windows XP and VMware. Usually if i want to do something simple i will load up the Bootcamp partition using VMware and if i want to play a game or something i will shutdown and boot up into windows.

In my experience XP pro will run better on a Mac then it does a PC mainly because all the drivers are written by mac specifically for the config that you have. This means that you don't have the same sort of driver and hardware conflicts that you have on a custom built PC.

How did this turn into an MS vs Apple argument? You guys really don't think that there are enough in the world already?

Anyway, my Vista experience has been rather smooth. I've had minimal hiccups (when I just started I had driver issues for my sound card, that would crash WMP when I did certain things). Then again, perhaps its because I didn't install my Vista on my own (came on the computer).

Also, I can tell you that my experience with XP has been far more stressful and hairsplitting that it has been for most apparently. I don't see how XP became an OS to behold all of a sudden. Vista is far better, IMO.

I've had a great user experience with Vista so far. I don't know how everyone else gets so messed up with it. My short experience with OSX so far has been dismal on the other hand, and since it's unfamiliar I have no idea how to go about fixing it.

This poll is so vague. The term 'Walkman' can refer to radios, tape players, video players, and anything and everything between. The iPod brand isn't quite as diverse, but is equally hard to compare. How in the world do you come up with these dumb poll ideas?

commented: haha.. ;-) +12

This poll is so vague. The term 'Walkman' can refer to radios, tape players, video players, and anything and everything between. The iPod brand isn't quite as diverse, but is equally hard to compare. How in the world do you come up with these dumb poll ideas?

I agree, the poll is pretty weak. Looks like you might want to start a better thread! Maybe I like Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates, or Nippo Nippon (or whoever the CEO of Sony is).

or Nippo Nippon (or whoever the CEO of Sony is).

:D:D

Nippo Nippon (or whoever the CEO of Sony is).

You mean Howard Stringer? Ouch.

Back to the OS argument. So far I think vista is amazingly stable but i think the downside is price (you guys think its expensive, the price is 2x over here, i think they just swapped the $ for a £ sign), high system requirements, too many editions (why, oh why does home basic and ultimate exist) and a steep learning curve. I mean, im a pro at XP but in vista im a noob again as everything has moved. I think MS made a big mistake by letting XP be out for too long, they should of released another OS acfter SP2, to give people a steping stone.

SP1 comes out sometime this month apparently so im going to give vista another try once that is released. i also object to the fact that microsoft have basically given people no choice but to upgrade. That and you have to buy bussiness or higher to be able to run it as a virtual machine or in boot camp on a mac.

SP1?

Any date on XP SP3? It says 1st half of 2008 on MS so thats soonish.

I wonder if theyll make SP3 acrappy security rollup like they did for 2k or if it will be a proper new-feature SP like SP2 was

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.