I'm not able to respond to your posts lately because I'm NOT receiving email from this site. There's no problem at all with my ISP's email server as I'm still getting email right on from other places. The problem is undoubtably stuck inside this site's email server. Until the site's sysop team gets off of their respective fannies and provides me with the technical info that my ISP needs to resolve the problem the problem will remain. PMing the sysop team and attempts to contact her royal majesty via IRC have thus far been fruitless.1/28/2008/10:06:31 PMGMT

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

>>I'm not able to respond to your posts lately
What posts are you talking about ? I don't get emails at all (normally) and I respond to posts all the time. Its pretty easy to find the threads you have participated in.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Same happened with me and Informed to Dani.

Blud was informed and dealt with both of your situations yesterday.

How can I ensure that Iam out of blacklist ?? Iam still getting bounce alerts !

I just took you off the blacklist. Sorry - I thought I did that the other day. Pleaselet me know if you still get any bounce alerts.

Thanks... Also Iam going to unsubscribe from the threads which are on Instant Mail Notification.

I just took you off the blacklist. Sorry - I thought I did that the other day. Pleaselet me know if you still get any bounce alerts.

received two emails from your domain. just two that referred to this thread others are apparently lost.
other details are in a PM to blud.
(fingers crossed, for luck)
thanks.

>>I'm not able to respond to your posts lately
What posts are you talking about ? I don't get emails at all (normally) and I respond to posts all the time. Its pretty easy to find the threads you have participated in.

When someone responds to a post I've made I get an email notifying me of such which is how I keep track of them. It's probably quite easy for you and others to "find the threads" because you're connected with some broadband connection, it's not nearly that easy if you're stuck in the mud @analog speed.

Till Iam on Blacklist ??? but why ?????
Here I got PM (1 Day ago):
Hi thunderstorm98,

The DaniWeb forum system just tried to send you an email. However, you are currently on our blacklist because in the past your mail server rejected an email we tried sending and it bounced back to us.

You won't receive any emails from DaniWeb until you change your email address. Please do so as soon as possible.

The email you missed was sent from: community@daniweb.com
The email you missed was sent to:(I have deleted for my Privacy)
The subject of the email was:
Happy Birthday from DaniWeb IT Discussion Community

Thanks!

I got one of those once. I just put in my other email address and it fixed the problem.

Get rid of this feature!

There are times when ISPs go down. To blacklist someone because an ISP is down is RIDICULOUS!

I can't change my email address without losing a lot of money.

> To blacklist someone because an ISP is down is RIDICULOUS!

Tell that to my webhost who threatens me every month to unplug the DaniWeb servers for spam abuse unless I take these stupid proactive measures. Yes, I agree it's stupid and ridiculous.

Get rid of this feature!

There are times when ISPs go down. To blacklist someone because an ISP is down is RIDICULOUS!

I can't change my email address without losing a lot of money.

How can you lose money by changing your email address to DaniWeb? Just get a yahoo email and change your DaniWeb email to it. Won't cost you a cent.

I'm ON Yahoo. If I change to anything else, I lose money two ways:

- Clients know where I am now.

- Monthly fees.

Yahoo has been down twice since I got my current email.

Their rule should allow for time for an ISP to recover after an outage.

Also, at my last location, there was an ISP monopoly. You had to have one email address that could never change.

I'm ON Yahoo. If I change to anything else, I lose money two ways:

- Clients know where I am now.

- Monthly fees.

You don't change email addresses for your entire life :icon_rolleyes:
You get a different YAHOO or HOTMAIL account and put that in the email address for DaniWeb.
You then have no problems with DaniWeb emails. And it keeps your 'client' and 'fee' emails separate from your 'fun' emails.

Also, at my last location, there was an ISP monopoly. You had to have one email address that could never change.

So? I have multiple emails -- 2/3 go through my ISP, including the one that never changes.

You can actually visit the change email page and, without changing anything, simply hit the submit button, and it will remove you from the blacklist ... ie instead of entering a new email address, you're simply reconfirming your existing one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.