Please clear your browser cache to force a redownload of the JavaScript that powers the dropdown menu. A bunch of changes were made.

hammerhead commented: Excellent change, thanks +3

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Excellent change Dani, but I cannot see the dropdown for Geeks' Lounge->Posting Games.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Awesome...Thanks a bunch !

You're welcome :)

I made another change (or rather, I changed the way it works) so those of you who cleared your cache already may have to do so again.

Gee Dani, why don't you just rename your css files? :icon_cheesygrin:

I needed you to clear your cache for the JavaScript file that powers the menu, and the file is appropriately titled 'menu'. What would you have me rename it to?

I needed you to clear your cache for the JavaScript file that powers the menu, and the file is appropriately titled 'menu'. What would you have me rename it to?

Dunno, menu1.js, perhaps. You could also use menu.js?123 in your template, and every time you change the number, it would force the browser to redownload the file.

This was said rather tongue-in-cheek. What else to name a menu but a menu!

This was said rather tongue-in-cheek. What else to name a menu but a menu!

I realize that, but I'm serious. You as a webmaster probably know that it's a common technique to append a number to files that the browser caches but need to be updated. An alternate way is to append '?xxx', which will still bring up the same file, but the browser thinks it's different, and will redownload it.

Let's just say I hate clearing my cache(s). :icon_wink:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.