How can we use our member certificate on other web sites so that it is displayed on every post I make? For example, I thought I might be able to put it in my signature, but that doesn't work, and avatar doesn't work either. Any other way I can do this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Blogs, perhaps, and other sites that allow posting HTML?

The site needn't allow HTML, you should be able to hotlink the image ( i.e. ) http://www.daniweb.com/certificates/posts93300.jpg anywhere, and every new HTTP request to the image will get an updated ( the latest ) version.

The reason it may not work here though, is that the forum software may well download and save the image just once when the image is set as an avatar, rather than once for every time that a page with the avatar image is requested. There are certain technical ( and security, and moral ) advantages to doing it this way.

I have my certificate on few websites....

I was just gonna suggest using the URL to the image elsewhere Dragon :) (If dani doesnt mind)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.