Has anyone noticed sometimes you'll receive an email after someone has posted to a subscribed thread right away, while other times it may take a few hours to receive the email?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

be thankful :) , email subscriptions don't even work for me ;o

lol well thats a plus

love the zebrahead

Its a problem on your ISPs end probably

i get mine instantly (which pisses me off - lol 12,000 threads means if i dont check my emails for a month i have like 500)

i use gmail, not my isp's email

no other problems with gmail, instant receival except from here

lol 12,000 threads means if i dont check my emails for a month i have like 500)

There goes your punishment for chatting too much ;)
You should organize your topic subscription more often, anything what is older then 1-2 weeks is past with me...

You should organize your topic subscription more often, anything what is older then 1-2 weeks is past with me...

Or just remove all email notification like me. My Control Panel tells me what threads have been updated, why bother having me email tell me too.

yeah you have to remove em one by one from old threads. In the CP i have hundreds of pages of them

I haven't tried it but there appears to be a function to remove an entire page at a time of notifications (instead of just one thread at a time). If you click the bolded notification button shown in the first screen it selects all the ones on the page. Then go to the bottom (shown in the second). Selecting "no email notification" should stop the emails for all the threads on that page.

yeah but i have over 500 pages of subscriptions

commented: Good luck :) +4
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.