my question is simple. Can I delete my daniweb account or change my username?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

You can have your username changed. Post the name you want.

Post where? here?

Yes, post the user name you desire along with an alternate one in case the former is already taken.

Or, if you prefer, PM me directly - if you are considering a common name in any regard then best to come up with half a dozen alternatives to save time and a whole lot of mucking about on my part :)

can i change my name, too?

If you PM me with the alternative(s) I can work that magic.

wow, i could change my name and my picture and i would be like a completely new person that no one would know who i am!

can u plz change my user name to

cool_jatish

with deep regards
Jatish Khanna

wow, i could change my name and my picture and i would be like a completely new person that no one would know who i am!

I have a sneaky suspicion that, after a posting or two, everyone would know it was you ;-)

Why yes I believe I can, and indeed have.

can u plz change my user name to

cool_jatish

with deep regards
Jatish Khanna

I have a sneaky suspicion that, after a posting or two, everyone would know it was you ;-)

aw, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said!

:$

An episode of the original Star Trek immediately pops into mind...

Haha.

this guy, "cool_jatish", wanted his name changed probably because someone had previously caught him and called him out for being a Plagiarizing Loser.

i caught him and called him out just now begging for rep for his plagiarized posts in C forum.

so now he's either using his alias or got his buddy "vigasdeep" to downvote all of my posts.

LOL

what a loser.

although in retrospect, it's also probably better if i dont post after drinking.

commented: I agree :) +0

I'm torn between liking you and hating you. Hmpf!

yeah, that's most people's reaction. even my wife.

Member Avatar for diafol

Does changing your name mean that previous posts now show your new name? If so, if there is banter between posters referring to a previous name - won't it cause confusion? Just a thought.

Yes, all existing posts are changed to reflect the new username.

think ardav meant that other people's references to the old username will remain within the body of the text.

like i change my name to "joe schmoe" and all my old posts are now listed as being "joe schmoe" but other people's posts will still be addressing me as "jephthah".

it will cause consternation when internet archaeologists of the 22nd century attempt to reconstruct our "original intent"

there will probably be a schism between scholars over the Daniweb Apocrypha

commented: Good description... +0

Well, yes, that's true enough. Mind, it would be even more confusing if your old posts stayed with your old username and news one got your new name attached. That would suggest some kind of split personality...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.