Hi everybody! I am kind of new with linux. I installed Fedora 2 in my PC. I need to change my Ip address to add the PC into a Lan for an specific application. Can anybody help me telling me, step by step what I should do???? I really need to now how to do this very fast!!!! Hope is not too difficult!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Use ifconfig as root in a terminal.

In fedora 1, which I have on my server, you can change your ip by running redhat-config-network or by going into the menu, then system settings and network. Select your ethernet card and click configure. You can also specify an IP when installing.

To change the IP address of a computer, it is necessary to know what kind of IP address the computer is assigned to and which IP address indeed that computer should change. To change the LAN IP address, one must know what the LAN connection’s name is, as well as the original router settings etc.And you can chk your ip address from http://www.ip-details.com/

Use netconfig command to change your IP Address

you can change it with ifconfig but when you reboot you'll loose the config. A real easy way with fedora is to run the setup utility as root and change your default network config.

you can change it with ifconfig but when you reboot you'll loose the config. A real easy way with fedora is to run the setup utility as root and change your default network config.

Run command "netconfig" to change your ip address for permanently.
for temporary run this command e.g.
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
ifconfig eth0

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.