It seems like the Hardware forums do not have buttons to start a new thread?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

That's because Hardware is a category. You need to drill down into one of the Hardware forums such as CPUs or Video Cards. Click on the Hardware category title to see the list of available forums.

No worries. Was it hard to figure out how to click on the category title to bring up the listing of forums?

The only thing I'd change about it is showing the forum listing by default rather than hiding it by default. (Well, I'd actually have less forums and make what you currently have as categories into forums -- what you have would make sense, except the activity in those forums is so low that it might as well be combined)

No worries. Was it hard to figure out how to click on the category title to bring up the listing of forums?

Yes. The old drop-down and fold-out menu's were easier to comprehend..

I would go back to having the old style that when you clicked on a whole category it gave you ALL of the forums in that category in a list...

If you still wanted to implement this new feature that shows all of the recent posts from that category then just display them underneath.. I just think we need a way to make it obvious that you are in a category not a forum otherwise these kind of threads are going to be made every three or four days

:)

I would go back to having the old style that when you clicked on a whole category it gave you ALL of the forums in that category in a list...

If you still wanted to implement this new feature that shows all of the recent posts from that category then just display them underneath.. I just think we need a way to make it obvious that you are in a category not a forum otherwise these kind of threads are going to be made every three or four days

:)

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head. That's exactly why I got confused. On the old layout I never got confused about it, even the first time I went into those forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.