Nice, i just received the monthly daniweb digest and saw that there is this DaniWeb Meetups stuff. Is a pity i am staying in Singapore but cannot attend. Is there an IT meetup also but online, so other posters around the world can participate. I have visted the site. Great Site! Those who are interested can click here. I also notice there is a log in button at the top right hand corner. Can we like add a new feature so that daniweb posters can just use their daniweb account and log in instead of creating one. This way if people are interested to join the daniweb meetup they must first have a daniweb account. They will then go and create a daniweb account and after a few posts, they will start to visit daniweb more often. This way more IT experts or programmers can also participate and help out in the daniweb meetup and the daniweb online community. Is that a tag or code so that i can link the daniweb meetup home page to my websites instead of using a link. Thanks everyone.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is there an IT meetup also but online, so other posters around the world can participate.

Have you tried our IRC chat room?

Yup, it is always empty. Don't know why poster hardly go there. When i say something to a poster, he/she never reply. Don't know whether they are sleeping or is it a bot. What does the daniweb bot do?

Yup, it is always empty. Don't know why poster hardly go there.

It's a vicious cycle. People join, see that the channel is empty, and leave, thus ensuring that it will remain empty. :icon_rolleyes: So do you want to be a part of the problem, or a part of the solution?

When i say something to a poster, he/she never reply.

Perhaps you're not giving them enough time to reply if they're doing something else and don't notice. It's not uncommon for someone to join, ask a question, then bail after a minute or two. Yet once a conversation is started, responses are generally very quick. When the channel is dead, we don't typically sit there staring at it and waiting for someone to talk, we do other things.

Don't know whether they are sleeping or is it a bot. What does the daniweb bot do?

There's only one bot in the channel, and it manages things like kicking you out if you start swearing or flooding.

I been there when i start joing daniweb but when i found it was empty, i decided to leave. Is there another way to promote the use of the IRC, like making it more public so other people around the world can access it and join in in IT discussion. Can we have a topic like about the latest news so people can tell us what they think.
And when i post something the poster really don't reply. I am not sure whether they are really there, maybe they ust log in into the IRC and go do other stuff, so their names will be always shown in the IRc but idle. But hey, thanks anyway for your quick response. According to the thread title, can meeups be held in other countries. I have been to the meetup site but it said i have to contact Eyal first.

Is there another way to promote the use of the IRC, like making it more public so other people around the world can access it and join in in IT discussion.

It's already available for anyone with an IRC client at any time of the day. The only two reasons people don't go there are 1) IRC isn't as well known and 2) nobody wants to stick around long enough for the channel to become more active.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.