Hello folks...

Happy to be a part of largest IT discussion community :) (a best place to share and update knowledge)
Well , the point i want to highlight is that if someone posts in a thread i'm subscribed or a
thread which i post , i cannot know until i open the thread manually or i receive a e-mail notification.

Even though , there is a Thread's I've Posted in link , it's like hasty work to check the link again and again. or keep pressing the F5 button of the web-pages .
It will be nice if you make web-pages dynamic instead of static pages.
It will be very nice and better if there's a quick notification or alert whenever someone posts on your threads.( just like how you get in facebook when your friend comments on your post).

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You can view it in your control panel for any new posts updates.

Oh , but we need to keep the control panel page open always and we should refresh the page regularly inorder to know. The notifications will be great relief . I think the pages should be made dynamic.

Do you mean AJAX (Like Facebook & Twitter) where they just auto-update without having to manually hit the refresh button? Unfortunately, we don't have the server resources to constantly poll the database like that.

We do provide the "Threads I've Posted In" and "Threads I've Started" links in the bottom toolbar of every page of the site. Also, at any time, you can click on the "My Favorite Forums" link in the bottom toolbar to quickly see if there are any new posts within your favorite forums, without ever leaving the page you're currently on.

Do you mean AJAX (Like Facebook & Twitter) where they just auto-update without having to manually hit the refresh button? Unfortunately, we don't have the server resources to constantly poll the database like that.

Yes . similar to facebook (just like how we will be notified if someone comments on our post).
Anyway , hope you'll get all the resources in future and hope daniweb grows to peek in future.
Finally... Advanced Happy Birthday...:)

Thank you for the advanced birthday wishes :)

I think that between the links in the toolbar, and the email notifications, you should get updates fairly quickly.

Yes . similar to facebook (just like how we will be notified if someone comments on our post).
Anyway , hope you'll get all the resources in future and hope daniweb grows to peek in future.

you can help with your donations, am on the way to doing same. You would agree with me that there's much value in this forum

I wish i could(indeed i love to) but still i'm a student pursuing my graduation.
The day i finish my education and become employed and financially independent , definitely i love to donate. I wish the god for success and hope the day will come soon.

thats cool.
Best of luck in school.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.