Hi Dani and all.
I have a suggestion or two about if the following features would be possible to embed.
1) To have a tab in each forum for threads created by user and you can specify the user from a popup along side the unanswered threads tab. This would be handy when I know I made a post I a long time ago and would be relevant to link to in a new post. So basically filters by user with ease.
2) To have a feature for personalized sticky's where each user can add sticky's and only that one user can view their own sticky. This would be handy to save the hassle of bookmarking those favourite threads that change all the time.

Again I thought IMO that these would be handy especially now that traffic is low. Hope for the best. cwarn23

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can use our thread subscription feature. You can create multiple subscription folders and subscribe to various threads in each folder, as a way of grouping them. Also, you can make use of the Threads I've Started link at the bottom of every page.

That answers the second feature. But what about searching for threads by user? It used to be possible a long time ago but you've change the searching algorithm since :(
For example, if I want to see all the threads in the php forum written by cwarn23 then how would I do that. The same me seeing all the threads in a particular forum written by another user.

Unfortunately to do that, you would need to try your luck using our old search feature. But I don't believe that filtering by username and forum together ever worked properly.

So would it be possible to have a tab along the top next to "All threads", "Up voted", "Solved" and "Unanswered" to have one named "User" which beings up an option to type in which user then all the threads (or posts depending on tickbox) written by the user typed in will be listed below?

It is *very* rare that someone would want to manually type in a member's name. You can just go into someone's member profile to see all code snippets, tutorials, etc. by that particular user.

It is *very* rare that someone would want to manually type in a member's name. You can just go into someone's member profile to see all code snippets, tutorials, etc. by that particular user.

Well in my opinion it is common to be handy to at least be able to view your own posts filtered by forum. Perhaps add a feature to "My Subscriptions" where you can "filter by forum xxxx" and a second option where "thread age between month/year and month/year". Could that be easily done for the subscriptions? That would be just as effective. Because I often find for instance a thread I have replied to a long time ago and takes roughly 2 hours to find as on many occasions when if you could filter the content by user (eg Subscriptions) and by forum and by age then it could be found in minutes instead of the dreaded 2 hours to find that post that will answer this new problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.