There is currently a bug where Internet Explorer 8 users cannot reply to existing threads. I am aware of the problem and am still working on a resolution. IE 9 works fine, as do Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. If you are affected, it is highly recommended that you upgrade from IE 8 to IE 9. Regardless, be assured I am currently working on a solution :)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I think i have some bad news for IE8 users moving to IE9 as IE9 don't work well on xp
like in vista or windows 7. IE9 required Direct2D for hardware acceleration which is
unavailable in windows xp. in my opinion this bug might not have nothing to do with IE8,
it might be an script or something. i've been login in to the site from 3 diferent machines,
windows xp IE8, windows 7 IE9, MacBook which is running Safari, the only one affected is IE8,
and again the "MEMBER LOGIN" issue came back. thank you for your help Dani, i hope everything
come to normal again so i continue posting my questions. :-) NOTE: this post is from Safari.

I have just tried with IE8 on XP SP3. I get the message too, but if I select "compatibility view" then it works. When I track the submit, the json returned is data.editor with the message. I think the problem may be in the passed data, perhaps the serializing of the #reply-form.

So migrate to a real browser -- they're free! :twisted:

Testing...

Okay i see, i disabled "Active scripting" and now am able to
post and reply to comments from Windows XP IE8 with no issues!

For those users with the same problem as mine...
Copy and paste this into a text document and save it as Disable.bat

@ECHO OFF
Title Disable Active Scripting - C0ding
Color 17
Echo.
Echo.Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
Echo.>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
Echo.[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
Echo."1400"=dword:00000003>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
start /wait regedit.exe /s  C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg >nul
Del C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg >nul

Of course this is not a fix, this is just something small
while Dani find a solution for the new script on the page.

And if in case you ask how to re-enable the scripting...

@ECHO OFF
Title Enable Scripting - C0ding
Color 17
Echo.
Echo.Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
Echo.>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
Echo.[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
Echo."1400"=dword:00000000>> C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg
start /wait regedit.exe /s  C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg >nul
Del C:\WINDOWS\C0ding.reg >nul

Do the same thing, copy and paste this into a text document,
and this time save it as Enable.bat

Is working for me ;-)

NOTE: Re-Enable Active Scripting when you done replying
or posting something, or when you are not in this page.

Yeah it is ;-) thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.