Hey all,
I must say its taken me a while to get hang of the new sites layout and all but im finally getting there. one thing i cant seem to get is the 'up voting' system.... in the old site you were able to either up vote a post or down vote a post, and also you were able to give or take reputation points for a post.

What has happened to this? because if i press vote and comment and/or i up vote or down vote a post i cant seem to see any rep being added/taken. only that the post is now up voted/down voted.

sorry if it seems stupid or has already been asked but im stumped

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you just click the arrow, you are voting without reputation.
If you hover over the arrow, and type a comment, you are voting with reputation.

The amount of reputation points you're affecting the member by is now transparent because I think this leads to more genuine voting, without letting how much you're affecting the member sway your vote about the individual post.

commented: thanks +0

oh i see thanks

The amount of reputation points you're affecting the member by is now transparent because I think this leads to more genuine voting, without letting how much you're affecting the member sway your vote about the individual post

I don't think its transparent -- the Power to Affect someone else's reputation is in his/her public profile page.

It's ultimately not transparent. However, in the old system, it gave you a message saying "Would you like to influence so-and-so's reputation of 250 by 4? Yes or no?" and therefore your reputation power and their reputation influenced your decision as to how you voted. Now, that information is not disclosed unless you want to look it up in your/their member profile.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.