Hmm ... Is it just me, or when you vote with a comment, does the comment not instantly show up like it's supposed to?? It works fine in our dev environment and I can't figure out why it's not working for me in the live site.

JorgeM commented: Here's a vote! +0
blud commented: Hmm? +0
cereal commented: hi! +0
nitin1 commented: hello.. this is a up vote ;) +0

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

It might be just you, I haven't seen that issue at all. At least not with Chrome, what browser are you using to test with?

commented: i always comment on posts like this one (Y) ;) +0

I just voted and saw my comment right above your post. using Chrome. Capture36

It might be just you, I haven't seen that issue at all. At least not with Chrome, what browser are you using to test with?

Chrome for OS X. Works fine in dev, but not in production. In production, it requires me to refresh the page before showing the new vote w/ comment.

Odd. It works for me with Chrome on Windows 7 64-bit.

Another issue I'm now suddenly having (and only James, Davey and Sanjay) will be able to test this one, is I need to refresh the page if I try to delete my own post without specifying a reason.

Another issue I'm now suddenly having (and only James, Davey and Sanjay) will be able to test this one, is I need to refresh the page if I try to delete my own post without specifying a reason.

That one I can reproduce.

Without refreshing the page, right?

Correct...I did not refresh the page.

Chrome Version 22.0.1229.79 m on Windows 7 x64.

Can you try clearing your browser cache (not your cookies) and try again? :)

Same as JorgeM.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.78 Safari/535.11

Hmm ... so it must be something related to my account then.

Can you try clearing your browser cache (not your cookies) and try again? :)

Same behavior.

commented: Testing :) +0

It's working for me now. I think the server was just being super sluggish for me.

commented: Let's see what happens... +0

When I delete a post (as least one of my own) I click the DELETE button twice before it changes to UNDELETE. Sounds related to the refresh somehow.

Is it just me, or when you vote with a comment, does the comment not instantly show up like it's supposed to??

I didn't know it was supposed to since it never did for me either.

Hmm ... but it's working for me now. Sooo weird. There has to be some bug that is only being caught under certain circumstances.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Dani

Hmm ... Is it just me, or when you vote with a comment, does the comment not instantly show up like it's supposed to??

No, the comment doesn't appear. You have to refresh the page in order to see it. I think there is bug and I don't know where is it. I was a bit surprise no one has brought it up. It's been like this for while. I kinda got used to it.

1) When I type in my comment and vote up. It won't appear. I have to refresh the page then I will see my comment.

2) When I untype my comment and vote down. It's won't appear also. I still have to refresh the page in order to see my comment delete.

I don't feel it has something to do with the Browser or System.

Browser I used: FireFox & Chrome. System: Window 7 Home Edition

commented: To Rectify what some retard did to LastMitch +0
Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Dani

Hmm ... but it's working for me now. Sooo weird. There has to be some bug that is only being caught under certain circumstances.

I'm sorry. I didn't read the your post correctly. So I guess you did fix the bug! That's good.

when there is a new post in our threads, then we need to refresh. Can you(all admins) do something so that we shouldn't do this thing or is it neccessay everytime ? thanks. it's just a suggestion of a problem whioch i face generally. still, it is okay for me :-D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.