I've just attempted to donate 25 USD (unfortunately not much but I hope it helps) to Daniweb, through the Paypal service however I haven't seen any updates to the goal ticker so I am unsure whether donation payment was successful (without getting a bank statement at the end of this month).

At what point will the ticker show an update? Is it a live process, once the payment has been validated, or is it a batch process?

Thank you and good luck with the donation drive!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Thanks!! :)

It's a live process once the payment has been validated. It looks as if the system never promoted your account to a sponsor, either. Hmm ... I'll have to take a look into it, thanks :)

It's kinda late tonight so I'll get right on this in the morning.

Thank you,

I am using a new debit card, and that was the first payment on it so it could be an issue with the bank from this end.

The payment actually went through. Much appreciated. It is a bug with the system not promoting your account. I'll get this resolved shortly.

Thank you for the help.

Sorry to pester,

I noticed that the donation ticker had gone up by $5 which I assume was someone's recent donation, however it hasn't updated with the $25?

Just wondering if the issue is still under review.

Thank you
AHarrisGSY

Yes, it is. I'm still trying to figure out why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Are there any updates on the issue?

Thanks again.

I'm still unsuccessfully working on it. In the meantime, I manually promoted your account to Sponsored.

commented: Thank you, and good luck! +0

Ah, thank you.

Good luck with trying to get it working!

I just got off the phone with PayPal developer / api tech support. This is apparently a high priority issue on their end that has been ongoing for about 2 weeks (the problem being that their servers are being hit-or-miss transmitting the relevant data back to the merchants). That smells like bullshit to me, because a PayPal high priority issue like this should not be going on for 2+ weeks. But who am I to say.

IPN showing wrong time, http response and no IPN data

Product Level 1:    Merchant Services
Product Level 2:    Order Management
Product Level 3:    Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
Date Created:   04/18/2013 11:30 AM
Last Updated:   04/18/2013 11:30 AM
Integration Phase:  Live
Severity:   General Info
Environment:    PayPal Live Site

Hello Dani Horowitz,
My name is Messan with PayPal Merchant Services. We spoke on the phone earlier.
We are aware of this issue and we are working to resolve it. I will further update you with more information as it becomes available.
If you have any additional information or updates to your issue, please use the instructions in this email to update your ticket.
Thank you for your patience.

Well that certainly does sound suspicious, and as you say, it certainly shouldn't be going on for over two weeks.

Thanks for looking at the issue, and I hope you see some progress soon.

Basically he pointed me to the IPN log thingy when you're logged into Facebook which shows all of your past transactions, and it is true that a decent percentage of them from the past few weeks have an empty 'message' area where it's supposed to have the details of the transaction account sent to the merchant. I'll investigate in a bit and see if the donations that aren't in my database happen to correspond to the ones that are blank on the PayPal log page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.