When browsing certain threads. The thread gets cut off. It really only happens when the thread is long wih very long replys. I have attached a Screenshot. It makes the logs HJT very hard to read when its cut off :cheesy:. Also a refresh doesn't fix it, and this isn't the first time I have had this happen.

Res: 1024x768
Browser: FF - 1.5.0.3

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

Roger that completely. ALSO, the 'reply' part won't load anyways.

Here's one in particular.

Thanks.

Sorry, guys. I don't know what to tell you. While I encounter the same problem in FireFox, it works fine in Internet Explorer and Safari. Additionally, the code is W3C compliant and validates as XHTML.

The only thing that I could suggest is a bug in the Firefox browser where it's memory limited or such. I really don't have any other ideas but I am open to suggestions.

The only thing that I could suggest is a bug in the Firefox browser where it's memory limited or such.

Sounds good to me :cheesy:

*Now helping victim with IE*

Thanks for your time Dani.

Sorry I don't have any suggestions. :(

I think it might be a problem with the particular HijackThis log. When I delete the one post, the rest of the thread suddenly displays fine through page two.

Hmm, I dunno tho, I've recently experienced it with another really long post in the same forum (I can't recall exactly which one it is tho)

Outta curiosity, ya havn't changed the coding for any of the sites recently, have ya?

Also, I question whether its a FF problem now, cuase after looking, my copy hasn't been updated since May 2nd...

Bah, who knows...at least it works in IE ;)

Thanks.

Agree with J...It was not just that one, it happens to me with most of the very long logs.

Is it possible that these logs have something in common aside from being very long? Perhaps this happens with logs infected with a particular virus?

In the past we had a problem where a virus was going around, and anytime a thread was loaded in IE that contained a HjT log infected with the virus, IE / Windows script errors would start going off, because something within the log was actually being executed on-the-fly by Internet Explorer in trying to render the code that displays the log with the malicious code.

Hmm, lemme look into that, and Ill check back with ya.

Thanks.

It's Baaaaaack!!!!
This post and several below it are pulled from a thread in the malware forum that blew up on kylethedarkn and DMR; we were both using Firefox.
- Dave

Unfortunetly this page is all white from a certain point down. I only found this link by checking the links of the buttons my mouse crossed over.

Check and fix the 017 entries that DMR mentioned and post if you are still having problems.

DMR do you know how to fix this whiteness.

DMR do you know how to fix this whiteness.

No, but let me guess: you're using Firefox, right? If so, you're not alone; it happens to other Firefox users, including me. It's happening in this particular thread for me too.

It seems to be at least partly a length issue, as threads in this forum can get very long due to logfile postings. Dani once suggested that might be something about the actual contents of the logs thenselves, but we were never able to pin down a culprit.

The only thing I do know is that if encounter one of those threads while I'm using Firefox, I can open IE (where the threads appear correctly) and edit out a bunch of the redundant info in one or two of the logs (like tracking cookie detections in ewido logs) to shorten the thread. Once I do that, the whole thread displays properly in Firefox. [IMG]http://www.stevewolfonline.com/Downloads/DMR/Visuals/dunno.gif[/IMG]

I can open IE (where the threads appear correctly) and edit out a bunch of the redundant info in one or two of the logs (like tracking cookie detections in ewido logs) to shorten the thread.

I just tested that on this thread, and it worked for me (yay!).
While in IE, I took out all of the blank lines that were in the Kaspersky log in the first post here, saved the changes, and then came back to the thread in FF and was able to view it correctly.

Hmmmm.........

Maybe its something to do with the HTML or PHP of the pages.

I'll pass Dani a link to this thread; maybe something will jump out at her.
Or maybe we'll have to wait for Firefox 2.0.............

Or maybe we'll have to wait for Firefox 2.0

Crud. Just installed FF 2 beta 1; no fixy problem. :(

Trying to think of the differences between firefox and IE that would make that happen.

Edit-just checked javascript in firefox and it errors on the css.
Might be the problem

just checked javascript in firefox and it errors on the css.

This error?:
Error: Unknown property 'behavior'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-1285cbdb-00020.css
Line: 10

on this line?:

behavior: url("/techtalkforums/clientscript/csshover.htc");

<EDIT>
Nope. FF logs a JavaScript error on any page that contains the above line. Bummer.
</EDIT>

-

Maybe its some sort of capacity setting in firefox that IE doesn't have, because i've noticed that whenever i look at thread where a victim post a log HJT with a long Ewido log and another log such as smitfraudfix the page gets currupted.

I'm gonna look through "about:config" for any settings like that.

Edit>No nothing obvious in there but you never know<Edit

I'm gonna look through "about:config" for any settings like that.

Edit>No nothing obvious in there but you never know<Edit

Yeah, I did the about:config check last night; didn't find anything either. :?:

I have noticed alot of errors here lately within the last month.....

Have you added any new banners Dani??

Usually i visit this site with SCRIPTS DISABLED (As i do all sites) cause it is MUCH FASTER and lately i cannot login here 99% of the time with scripts disabled (I have to re-enabled scripts)

I dunno what you changed in the last month but something did........

Other than having to have scripts enabled to login and logout,i see no other issues (It looks like certain banners ARE NOT LOADING with scripts disabled and the site hangs as a result)

But right now i see a banner @ the top,etc.........

I dunno

At the end of last month, I had purchased a new computer, which shipped with bad ram. I've spent all month fighting with Alienware trying to get a replacement system, and have actually been out of a PC for the past month. Therefore, my time online has been rather limited ... which brings me to the point of this rant: no changes, sorry. ;)

I've spent all month fighting with Alienware trying to get a replacement system...

Groan. :sad:
I thought they were supposed to be pretty good about that sort of thing.

I blame it on the fact that they were recently bought out by Dell. Needless to say, I should *hopefully* have my new machine by the end of this week, so we'll see. I've been out of town since last week so haven't had a chance to follow up, but will do so tomorrow.

I blame it on the fact that they were recently bought out by Dell.

Ahhh...I didn't know that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.