Chaps, I have tried to upload some java files on the forum (it's an exercise I was working on and after having done I tohught I would make the code available for everybody to use, in case anybody wants it), but there doesn't seem to be anyway to upload them, how is that? I remember some time ago you had a list of file types that could be uploaded on the site, I can't see that anymore, why has it been removed? It was so helpful. Where do I find the list of file extensions allowed please?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I remember some time ago you had a list of file types that could be uploaded on the site, I can't see that anymore, why has it been removed?

I strongly doubt it was removed, given that we don't delete threads unless they're essentially pure crap that violate the rules. However, in response to a recent question I posted the supported file types, sizes, and image resolutions for both attachments and avatars:

http://www.daniweb.com/community-center/daniweb-community-feedback/threads/454229/max-sizes-on-upload#post1972372

.java files are included in that list. I assume you're trying to upload an attachment; what problems are you having, exactly?

ah cool, yes that list is good. What I meant is that the list appeared in the attachment area where you upload files, and it's not there anymore. ANyway, in my case it didn't accept the java files, it said something like there was a problem or something along those lines. If there is a testing area I could try to replicate the error

If you can't upload files of that type directly you can always try zipping them first.

zipping them is an idea, but I use linux so I don't think I will be able to produce a zip file

Have you tried the zip command?

evidently not : - ), will give it a go next time, thanks!

ok thanks, I will try next time and post again if fails

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.