This is our longquiz from this morning. don't worry.. I am not cheating off a quiz..
it's already  22:00 o'clock where I am. this quiz was on 8am. I am studying for our final exam tomorrow. we weren't told the right answers..
and I don't have a  book right now either. I couldn't borrow in the library for this semester anymore and I can't find any answers in the internet for some of them. I was hoping you could point out any mistakes I have and tell me the right answer...
* I. Multiple Choice
* D 1.  The GUI stands for ________ user interface.
*      a. graph           b. graphics        c. graphically          d. graphical         e. either b and c     f. all of the above
* A 2.  Every GUI program requires a ________.
*      a. window          b . user          c. width          d. height      e. properties         f. none of the above
* C 3.  Where to add the various components in GUI?
*      a. window          b. JFrame        c. content pane          d. both a and b       e. none of the above
* A 4.  Windows are measured in ________ of heights and width. 
*      a. pixel              b. inches         c. centimeters             d. dots       e. all of the above
* E 5.  It is a component in GUI which can be used for both input and output.
*      a.  JTextbox        b. JButton          c. JTextField           d. JLabel          e. both a and c
* B 6.  Statements that may generate an exception are placed in what block?
*     a. catch        b. try          c. finally          d. either a and c        e. none of the above
* D 7.  It is an occurrence of undesirable output or situation that can be detected during program execution.
*     a. catch       b. try            c. finally          d. exception           e. object reference
* C 8.  It is a block where all codes are always being executed regardless of whether an exception occurs.
*     a. catch        b. try            c. finally          d. exception          e. both a and d
* A 9.  It is block where it specifies the type of exception it can capture and contain an exception handler.
*     a. catch        b. try            c. finally          d. exception         e. none of the above
* A 10. An exception that the compiler can recognize is called _____.
*     a. checked exception         b. unchecked exception          c. choice exception      d. selected exception
* D 11.  It is a group of a specific number of members.
*     a. components         b. fields            c. modifiers            d.  class             e. object
* B 12. It is the data member of the class.
*     a. components         b. fields            c. modifiers            d. class              e. object
* A  13. It refers to the component of the class.
*     a. components         b. fields            c. modifiers            d. class              e. object
* A 14. It is used to alter the behavior of the class.
*     a. modifiers          b. object           c. components           d. fields            e. none of the above
* C 15. The method of the class is called _________.
*     a. instance object              b. instance variable            c. instance function          d. instance method
* D 16. It is a location in secondary storage used to store information.
*     a. memory             b. flash disk                 c. RAM              d. hard disk           e. none of the above
* A 17. The class FileReader is contained in the package ____.
*      a.  java io           b. java.util            c. javax.swing             d. none of the above
* A 18. The class PrintWriter is contained in the package ________.
*     a. java.io          b. java.util              c. javax. swing           d. none of the above
* C 19. What is the last step process in java i/o?
*     a. Use the appropriate method        b. create an appropriate object       c. close object          d. close the files
* A 20. What are the two classes being used to input data from a file?
*     a. Scanner and Filereader       b. Scanner and InputStreamReader        
*     c. BufferedReader and Filereader         d. none of the above
* D 21. Methods that have a return data type.
*     a. returning – value methods     b. void method     c. returned – value method     d. value – returning method
* A 22. A variable declared in the method heading.
*     a. actual parameter       b. active parameter       c. format parameter        d. formal parameter
* B 23. The fifth property in the code is called ____.
*     a. heading         b. definition       c. body           d. parameters             e. none of the above
* D 24. An expression listed in a call to a function is called _____
*     a. actual parameter       b. active parameter       c. format parameter        d. formal parameter
* A 25. It will indicate the visibility of the function.
*     a. modifiers       b. components          c. return type       d. method name     e. object
* II. True or False
* True 1. Every window has a width and depth.
* True 2. The reserved word extend allows you to create a new class from an existing one.
* False 3. In a problem statement, every verb is a possible class.
* False 4. In a problem statement, every noun is a possible method.
* False 5. To display the window, you need not to invoke a method.
* False 6. Division by zero is a checked exception.
* False 7. All exceptions must be reported to avoid compilation errors.
* True 8. One way to handle an exception is to print an error message and exit the program.
* True 9. There are seven common constructors and methods of the class throwable.
* True 10. The try block may could not have followed by a catch and finally block.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Ok these are some of the answers. Answer :
1.d
2.a
3.b
4.a
6.a

Sorry, not very good in the other since mostly the test it based on the It . I hope I helped at least a bit

DrEinstein - please wrap your Einstein-sized intellect around the fact the OP said "I am studying for our final exam tomorrow." and that was 2 months ago.
Your hope that "I helped at least a bit" is unrealistic.

Please check the dates of posts before replying.

Well I'm sorry if I tried to help, I noticed that the post is 2 months old but the post was about these questions that were there for herself and if the exam was the day after things don't change since the post wasn't about the exam but the questions that since NOBODY answered I deigned myself to clearify some answers just incase she/he didn't manage to answer them. Seeing that you are a moderator, you should know this.

Maybe DrEinstein can help other people, not just the op? ;)

OK, my original reply was inappropriately sarcastic and rude. I apologise.
Sorry.
J

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.