You may notice a change in your member statistics (post count, reputation, solved thread stat, etc).

After server issues left the database out-of-sync, I've gone ahead and recalculated all of the counters based on the latest data. There has NOT been a change to the way anything gets calculated ... things were simply re-tallied.

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

My post count has dropped by something approaching 20,000. That's some re-tallying :)

my account seems fine... i guess it only affected you happygeek ;D

I've lost a little bit of everything too. I guess deleted threads were no longer taken into account (fine by me).

Ditto. I've lost ~50 posts (I was over 1500) and 28 points on reputation, but it's fine for me too.

I guess that's what's the term "eventually consistent" means in database terminology :)

my post count dropped by about 5,000

Was I the only one not affected? I don't think i see a change in my post count unless i don't remember it....

Davey, let me make sure the numbers are correct, because that seems REALLY weird.

You post count SHOULD decrease if your post is deleted or the post is in an article that is deleted.

However, if you earned or lost reputation for a post, and the post is subsequently deleted, the reputation still holds.

Davey, Mel ... the problem with the huge post count drop appears to be limited to moderators and ex-moderators.

<rant for mods only>If you recall, the old way of Flagging Bad Posts started a thread posted by you in a private forum. Since that forum has subsequently been deleted, those automated posts no longer count. Davey, same with all of the old-style newsletter posts, etc.</rant for mods only>

Oh, and also ... in the old system, each time you infracted or warned a member, you started a thread about it. So Davey, 20K+ infractions and warnings handed out + bad posts flagged sounds about right.

I rechecked and rechecked the database a bunch of times. The current numbers are correct in terms of real posts that live on the site today.

I don't recall what my post count was but it looks to be in the ballpark.

Same as Jim. All I can seem to recall is that I might have gained a rank in one place and lost a rank in another, that's about all I can see.

I think it's natural for the counters to get out of sync since, until very recently, we never used MySQL transactions ... which means that if something goes haywire mid-operation, it wouldn't be rolled back. Essentially we're retallying counters for the first time in many years.

Member Avatar for diafol

I seem to have gained rankings in most areas. I think I was #11 post count, now #7. That's a bit odd. Strange too, endorsement count seems to be up substantially (73 -> 78). Not complaining, but big changes for me :)

Member Avatar for Warrens80

Hey im looking awesome as always

Hehe, yep I would say that an average of 2000 flags/infractions per month during my time here would be about right if you factor in the 'Great Spam Wars' of course... :)

I lost about 30 rep points but gained 12 places on the ePeen chart. o.O

Member Avatar for diafol

Hey im looking awesome as always

Total Down-Votes Received 179
Unique Posts Receiving Down-Votes 53
Members Who've Down-Voted 34

Ranked #1,095,418 by Reputation (out of 1,096,686)

That's got to be some sort of record. You're probably one of the most unpopular posters DW has ever had. Glad to see you have a sense of irony. Anyway, a sincere Merry Christmas W80.

commented: I LOL'ed pretty hard +0
Member Avatar for Warrens80

Im unpopular no matter what i say so i decided not to care anymore. I have other things to worry about.

commented: I like your sentiment +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Im unpopular no matter what i say so i decided not to care anymore. I have other things to worry about.

That's the spirit! Keep at it. ;)

You're probably one of the most unpopular posters DW has ever had.

I can think of a few that would vie for that title, but they gave up fairly quickly long before voting was introduced.

I don't know why you have so many down votes -- seems like someone doesn't like you for some reason. Sometimes we receive down votes for some unknown reason, I've received a few of those too. Just try to improve the quality of your posts and you will be given up votes.

my post count dropped with (almost) 10, as for reputation points, I've lost about 500. must 've been some popular posts that got removed from the count :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.