I know awhile ago suggestions were being welcomed, and I was just now perusing the Geeks' Lounge to see if there was anything interesting, worth replying to...

One of the balancing acts is to walk the fine line between a forum being too large and general vs. too narrow and splintered, I know - but have you ever considered instead of the one forum (ideally with a better title), a few forums for different subjects - like leisure (movies, books, etc.), current events, work, cyber-related chat, etc.?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There already is one split -- Games

Geeks' Lounge is pretty much meant to be eclectic by design; it's where 'everything else' goes that doesn't sit well in other forums, all the non-support chat in other words. I'm not sure that any kind of further sub-categorisation would achieve much, to be honest. The Games split happened because the nature of those threads meant they were pushing everything else out of sight, which was problematical to anyone not wanting to participate in them.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.