As Dani is on hiatus from DaniWeb and does not make changes within its source code/implement new things, when (if ever) will sources of DaniWeb be made pubicly available on GitHub so people can freely modify it?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

It won't. It's in-house software and stays that way. At least that's what was said a while ago.

Many in-house software packages are on GitHub and its ok, why DaniWeb should be any different?

If they jump off a bridge, will you too? Just because some do, doesn't mean they all will.

As Dani is on hiatus from DaniWeb

Says who??

and does not make changes within its source code/implement new things

Minor changes are made nearly every day, with larger changes coming a few times a month, as they have been ever since we switched off of vBulletin onto our proprietary solution in 2012.

This was said by you; you even started a article about being on hiatus.....

Yes, I went on a one week hiatus back in December.

Bad Dani, how dare you take such things as a "holiday" or a "hiatus"? [sarcasm]I don't know about everyone else here but you should work at least 17 hours per day, seven days per week, 52 weeks per year, UNTIL YOU DIE![/sarcasm]

Now that that is out of the way, I will send you a list of my demands for this site.

commented: Made me smile +0
Member Avatar for diafol

Trolls will be trolls. Daniweb seems to be Woj's new pet project. Look out. :rolleyes:

commented: I re her my trolling days on here but guys quickly whipped me into shape +0

A is A and is not B. Same logic.

I don't understand what you mean. However, to answer your initial question, there are currently no plans to release DaniWeb's source code.

will the code be ever available?

Never say never, but it is not a plan.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.