Hi,if I have interested on one of the forum, example post which has Java tag, can I receive notification if someone is posting on that forum?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A few steps. First check your DANIWEB settings about emails. Once that is done you automatically get email when you create a new discussion or reply to an existing discussion.

To get a notification without posting a reply, click the Watch Topic icon.

watchtopic.PNG

PS. Adding note. This only gives you notifications of new replies to a topic that is open. To monitor for new discussions, you have to craft such with ideas from Dani.

At this time, we only email you about updates to specific articles you've specified you want to watch.

However, there are some other tools at your disposal:

You can fetch an RSS feed of all new topics tagged with java. You can receive notifications by plugging this RSS feed into an RSS reader. Or, you can use something like IFTTT to send you alerts, text messages, tweets, facebook posts, or even flicker the lights in your smart home, etc., each time the RSS feed has been updated.

Additionally, if you want to do something creative and roll your own RSS parser, our RSS feeds use PubSubHubbub, which means you can get notified for updates via PUSH notifications instead of having to poll.

You can use our JSON feed to fetch all topics tagged with java, sorted by when they were last posted in. You will, unfortunately, have to write your own parser / reader / notification system (or perhaps one already exists somewhere on the web, probably a Github repository somewhere that would only need slight modifications to make it work).

Our complete API documentation is available at https://www.daniweb.com/welcome/api

commented: Thanks,but this sound complicated to me >< +0

There is one button called Watch Setting in CodeRanch which has 3 options for user to choose

15648125207732914.png

Let say If I have interested on Android forum, I can click that Watch Setting button and choose Watch for new topics in this forum. So everytime there are new posts created, I will receive an email notifications.

DaniWeb so far don't have such feature right?

Basically, when you turn on post warnings for an Instagram account that you pursue, you'll get a caution each time that individual posts a picture, as a flag on your lock/home screen. It'll look and seem like an instant message does.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.