I started my previous question with the title "Filter by" . I typed my question, clicked go to the next step. After that I clicked "Free" and only after that I got turned back to my question indicating that the title was too short. Shouldn't it say that before continuing to the next step?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

This is by design. It’s all one single Contribute form that was broken up into a wizard to make it easier for newer members to digest it little by little.

However, we don’t actually touch the server until that final submit button is pressed.

It was hard enough work to get it to bring you back to the step that had the errors instead of the first step every time.

Technically speaking, it would not be completely impossible to validate each page before continuing to the next. However, it would be a significant amount of work, and I’m not convinced it’s a big enough pain point to warrant it.

I spent about an hour on this yesterday hoping to be able to come up with a workaround but, unfortunately, no dice.

The only way to do it is to send an AJAX request each time you click next in the form, and doing so would be a bit too much additional PHP code than I’d like to spend on it. I don’t feel it’s that big of a pain point.

Not a problem for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.